Chapter 33 || Mind Games

A/N: Ta-da! Attendance time mfs

"Stark is...he's a sickness!"

"Ah, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart."

Thor, Steve and I land behind Tony as he speaks with Ultron. I know Nat and Clint are hiding, getting ready. We left Bruce on the quinjet in case we needed a code green. Let's just hope this isn't messy.

"If I have to," Ultron snipes back, noticing us.

I recognize the Maximoff twins behind him. The fast one and the girl. Wanda.

I stare at her, trying to figure her out, when I touched the scepter earlier, I remember seeing her fear. She's not a bad person, her and her brother are just trying to save their home.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor quips to which Ultron and I at the same time say, "Clearly you've never made an omelet."

They look at me and Ultron stares at me.

"Kaden Crest. I don't seem to have much on you...where you were born, when you were born, who your parents are. I must say you are an interesting one. Care to enlighten me?"

Huffing, I clench my fists and feel my skin heating up. I'll enlighten the bastard alright.

"It's called privacy, Terminator."

Stark chuckles beside me, "good name. I like that one."

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro approaches us, and nods down at the Stark Industries missiles.

"This was never my life."

Sighing, I look at Wanda and make eye contact with her, "You two can still walk away from this."

"Oh, we will," she smirks back, eyes intimidatingly narrowed. She's tiny but she exudes power and strength.

She's carrying a lot of power in those veins, power I don't think these imbeciles can even begin to understand

She's carrying a lot of power in those veins, power I don't think these imbeciles can even begin to understand. I saw it firsthand when I touched that scepter.

"I know you've suffered," Steve tries to reason with them. I can tell he sees the same as I do, that they're just doing what they think is right for their country, the loss of their parents. They're just being misled and lied to. Ultron won't care for them, won't help them like they think. He wants to destroy everything, I can see that.

"Uuughh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it."

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet," he tilts his head at Thor but Tony speaks up.

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for?"

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan—" He blasts Tony and bots show up, attacking us violently.

I grunt when one jumps on me but hear a shot go off, the bot falling. I turn my head and see Natasha smirking at me.