Chapter 31 || Peace In Our Time

A/N: attendance besties!

"But, it's a trick!" Clint whines from his spot around Thor's hammer. It's a hot topic at the moment.

I must admit, it is a beautiful weapon. Not as beautiful as my chariot, however. But still beautiful.

"Oh, no. It's much more than that." Thor chuckles as he stares at his prized possession but Clint and the alcohol he has consumed pushes back sarcastically.

"Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man! It's a trick."

"Well please, be my guest."

We all stop laughing and look up at Thor, awaiting his laughter to erupt, telling us he's joking but he isn't. He really wants us to try and lift his hammer.

"Come on," I chuckle and Barton joins in with absolute curiosity, "Really?"

"Yeah!" Thor cheers, sipping on his drink as he leans back into the couch.

Tony stands up, making me snort, "Oh this is gonna be beautiful."

Nat elbows me in the gut, causing me to fold over in sheer pain, attempting to hug myself and usher oxygen back into my lungs. Her low snickering makes me reach my hand over and pinch her thigh, earning a whine and a slap to the back of my head.

Grinning, I tilt my head up to look at her before sitting up straight again. Her eyes stay locked on mine and I begin to feel like we are having a secret conversation, one no one else will ever understand. Our own secret universe. They glisten at me, her beautiful eyes.

I never thought that girl from all those years ago would turn into this incredible warrior I would cross paths with once again. Part of me feels strange, with how I saw her all those years ago, cared for her sister as if she was a sibling of my own, and now here I am with Natasha years and years later and I could never imagine a life without her in it.

The centuries I have lived, the flames I have had, no one could hold anything to Natalia Romanova. She is, by far, the most astounding woman...no, person, that I have ever come across in my entire life.

"What are you thinking about?" She whispers as she leans in towards my ears.

Snapping myself back to the moment, I steal a glance at Steve trying to lift the hammer and failing. Though, I do see it nudge a little bit. Thor picks up on that detail as well, for his playful laughter and smile drops into a surprised expression.

"Huh? Oh I'm uh

"Huh? Oh I'm uh...thinking about how stupid they all are thinking they can lift the hammer."

She giggles but our conversation is cut off by everyone turning to us.

"And? Widow?"

Nat looks at me, then everyone and scoffs, "Oh no, that's not a question I need answered."