11 | Lies And Motives

Ryujin has never felt this much awkwardness in her entire life. 

She looked at the people around her, wondering what's going on. Yuna looks unbothered, just using her phone while tapping her foot on the ground in rhythm. Aeri is glancing around, looking normal as ever. Though her quietness gives it away. Aeri is never quiet. She is anything but that.

Minjeong, although she's quiet most of the time, she will appear relaxed. But she isn't, as of now. She looked more tense than relaxed. 

"Uh, guys?" Ryujin called them all. Aeri and Yuna glanced at her, while Minjeong didn't. The latter looked so lost, at the same time, occupied. Ryujin doubts that Minjeong had heard her. 

"Why?" Yuna was the first one to respond.

"Why are we here in front of the parking lot? Aren't we going home?"

"We're waiting for Jimin and the others." Aeri answered. "We're going to bid goodbyes to them before going home."

"Oh, okay?" Ryujin doesn't know why they need to do that, but she guess it's alright. She wants to see Yeji too.

She glanced at Minjeong who's still not saying anything. She approached the girl and tapped her back. 

"You okay, pup?" 

Minjeong flinched. "H-huh?"

"What's happening to you?" Ryujin asked in worry. "Are you okay?"

"I…" Minjeong looked at Aeri. "I need to talk to her."

"Talk to…what?"

Minjeong didn't say anything and left Ryujin. The girl approached Aeri and held the latter's wrist, dragging her away.

"…What the hell is happening?" Ryujin muttered to herself as she watched the two. 

"I honestly don't know." Yuna said beside her. "They were silent as heck during our lunch break! You won't believe how much tension I felt earlier!"

"What?" Ryujin faced her. "Tell me what happened earlier."

"Jimin talked about staying in Minjeong's house last night—"

"SHE WHAT?!" 

"Oh my God, don't shout! You're hurting my ears!" Yuna shouted back. "Do you want to know what happened or what?!"

Ryujin sighed deeply, trying to calm herself down. "Okay…okay, tell me. Tell me everything that happened. Don't leave any details."

Yuna rolled her eyes at her before telling everything that had occurred earlier, and as Ryujin commanded, without leaving any details behind. Her cousin is just staring at her the whole time with wide eyes, as if she couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"…and that's what happend." 

"W-what happened after that? Did they fight? Did Minjeong get hurt?"

"No, why would they fight?" Yuna exclaimed. "They didn't do anything. Although there was a long silence after that. I was even the one who spoke first because I felt like they're just planning to stare at Minjeong. The puppy is looking down the whole time."

"…This is a mess."

"Mess? What are you saying? Do you know something that I don't?"

Ryujin didn't answer. Before Yuna could say anything again, Jimin and her friends had already arrived.

"Hey girls!" They cheerfully greeted the two. Jimin scanned the whole area before speaking.

"Where's Mindeongie and Aeri?"