A Letter From Me To You

You 'might' wanna read this.

Why is the book named, From Afar? It's actually not just because of Minjeong. It's also about the other three main characters in the story. Jimin, the girl who kept looking for Minjeong for almost ten years; Ningning, the girl who's already content loving Minjeong from afar even if it'll hurt herself; Aeri, the girl who tried to reach Jimin, but she could never reach her no matter how she tries. 

I know, I know. Some of you probably felt frustrated with Minjeong's personality and behavior towards her feelings for Jimin. She was a coward, can't fight for herself and all that stuff. So I'm just gonna justify it myself lol.

Aside from her divorced parents which is one of the main reasons why she's afraid to risk for love, there's also Aeri, her best friend (I think that fact alone already explains it all). A lot of us might have gotten ourselves into a situation wherein someone is also falling for the person we like, and we just know that they could do better than us, that the person we like deserves more than what we could give, So we feel discouraged. Minjeong's behavior is basically almost everyone's behavior when it comes to falling for someone who's out of our league. 

It was hard to build a character for the four mains. It was also hard to give them each flaws that would suit their personality but I think it turned out well. 

Fun fact (I think), Jiminjeong and Ningselle's flaws are the opposites of each other. Minjeong who was a coward, Jimin who is so brave that she didn't notice the other people around her (Specifically Aeri) except for Minjeong. Ningning who loved truly but is so selfless that she is willing to hurt herself, and Aeri who has it all but became 'selfish' for that one person she can't have. 

Another fun fact, the original plot of this story actually has much more angst and I do think you would hate me for it (still has a happy ending tho, but you would cry buckets). 

Will this book have a sequel? If you would like to stay with the happy Jiminjeong girlfriends then it won't. But If you're ready for a bigger angst (and when I tell you that it's big, it will be big) then it will have one. ^_^

Okay, I think that's it. Thank you so much for reading this story! I didn't really expect everyone to like this at first because of the typical plot, but I think I managed (?) To make it interesting nonetheless. This is really a long ride and I'm thankful y'all are here till the end.

Ciao!

Thy Author,
Cyan