004| SORTING HAT

(ARABELLE'S POV)

We soon got out of the train ready to go to the school. Hermione and I were walking together, we then heard a voice calling out for the first years. We turned our heads to see the largest man I had ever seen in my life, I turned my gaze at Hermione and by the looks on her face it seemed that we were thinking the same thing. "Firs' years! Firs'years! Alright there Harry?" The gaint man said. Wait Harry! The gaint man and Harry know each other.wow. "C'mon, follow me- anymore firs' years, mind yer steps. Follow me all the firs' years!" We all followed him only to see a gaint beautiful lake. "Only four to a boat!" Hermione and I got in a boat with Harry and Ron. "Everyone in. Alright , FORWARD!" The gaint yelled. As we moved we saw the castle. It was the beautiful thing I had ever seen. I couldn't believe I was gonna live in this place for seven years. We soon reached the castle grounds. "Firs' years, firs' years, Professor McGonagall" 

"Thank you, Hagrid, I'll take it from here" she who I assume to be Professor McGonagall said. Hagrid went of to where I don't know. Professor McGonagall then started to speak again. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup" she explained to us but was cut off by Neville calling out "Trevor!" He quickly came forward and took the toad in his hands then he realized that all eyes were on him so he muttered a 'sorry' and went back into the crowd.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said to us before walking away. Just a bit after then a boy with bleach blonde hair spoke up."So it's true, then. What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter and Arabelle Conner have come to Hogwarts." 

All the first years murmur in excitement; The boy indicates two boys next to him " This is Crabbe, and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron snickers; Draco turns to glare at him "Think my name's funny, do you? Well, no need to ask​​​​ yours Red hair, and a hand-me-down-robe? You must be a Weasley." He turns back to Harry "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others, Potter, Conner. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He offers his hand to Harry. 

Harry looks at his hand then he coldly replied "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."  Draco glared at him then he turned his head towards me.

"Surely, you'll accept my friendship, won't you" Draco asked me not wanting for me to deny his friendship. "Well then, I'm so sorry, but I'd have to disappoint you there Malfoy" I also like Harry replied coldly.Draco glares.

McGonagall returns and smacks him on the shoulder with a paper. He retreats with one last glare. "We're ready for you now."

She leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

 "It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione whispered. "All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words." Professor McGonagall said

Dumbledore rises from the main table.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch-" As he signals to ragged old man with a cat with red eyes "-has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Painful death!?