019|STARS

THE NEXT FEW days went by quickly, with their classes, assignments, and the lessons with lupin. both arabelle and harry were improving quickly and that slowly started to become the highlight of their days. eventually they both started talking to eachother more often again as their bestfriends hermione and ron were both not on speaking terms again. it became super hard for both of them as hermione spent most of her time either in the library or in the common room in some corner, drowning in books. while harry was also angry with hermione, he wasn't angry with her enough to literally spend his entire time terrorizing the poor girl like ron had.

ron had taken to talking about how sirius black had nearly killed him, him narrating the same story to everyone around him. harry had chose to just stick with him and so, he hung around ron the most although later on, as days proceeded, oliver wood managed to persuade professor mcgonagall enough for her to return the firebolts back although one of them were of no use.

harry had then taken to busy himself in quidditch practices, him practicing hard for the best match with ravenclaw. while he wanted to drag arabelle around with him everywhere so he could catch up with her more, almost all the time she was missing or just simply not in the mood to go around with him.

whereas, arabelle had taken to being in the library all the time. she had found a good enough corner for her to study and started burying herself in books too. most of her time she spent there, often running into cedric diggory, whom she could now call a good friend. harry would usually find her there and join her, claiming he had nothing to do, but with the way he would usually just sit with her and do homework or just simply study, she could tell that he had work to do but he was putting it back until later so he could spend some time with her. arabelle appreciated him a lot for that but she still felt sad that most of the time they just ended up sitting in silence and did their studies rather than goofing around like they used to before.

she couldn't explain it but whenever she was around harry she felt as though there was an invisible line connecting them. she felt like she could say anything that she wanted to him. she remembered the first time she saw her uncle and aunt fight she got super sad and ran out to harry's house at dead in the night, she remembered how mad the dursley's were but she remembered that she couldn't really care as she cried away in harry's arms. she smiled at the memory. yes, she could tell anything that she wanted to harry and that made her very happy.

suddenly she was pulled out of her train of thoughts by harry snapping his fingers in front of her face. startled, she looks up to find harry smirking slightly.

"what were you thinking about now, belle?" harry asked, leaning back.

"nothing, absolutely nothing." arabelle hurried to say, blushing a bit. harry smirked again. "sure belle, sure."

arabelle sighs, leaning back against the chair. "do you think we should just stop for now, i think it's enough for today."

"sure, how about we go and take a walk? it'll help with the stress" harry suggested, gathering all his books.

"sure, I'd love that...harry, do you ever feel like everything's changing between us?" arabelle asked hesitantly.

harry looked up from his bag to meet arabelle's eyes. "of course not belle, why would you even think that now?"

arabelle stared nervously before speaking up again. "you know, ever since the whole connection thing between us and my..my father, i'm suprised that we're still talking after that."

harry frowned, dropping his bag on the table, he cam beside her and held both her hands. he looked at her and green eyes met blue. "let me make this clear belle, if you're trying to suggest that i hate you, you know that's not true, i could never, never hate you and to be honest with you, yes, something has changed between us, we're growing up, slowly drifting apart, we're making new friends, we have our differences but no matter that, you're still my best girl and you will continue being it. okay?"

arabelle smiled softly, and nodded, she blushed slightly when he pulled her into a hug, relaxing after a while.

"let's go to that long awaited walk now, shall we?" she asked after they broke their hug. she held her hand for him to take and then together they walked out of the library, hand in hand with their bags.

"the weather's quite nice nowadays, perfect for quidditch, isn't it?" she asked harry, looking at the sky. it was almost night time, they could see some stars.

harry turned his head towards the sky. "yup, it's quite perfect for quidditch, although it's the evening, now that i think about it, you do know how to mount a broom, don't you?" he asks her.

arabelle looks at him for a moment before smiling, she replies, "i know how to ride a broom, pretty well too actually."

harry turns to her surprised. "you do?" he asks incredulously.

"of course i do, uncle shawn taught both caleb and me." arabelle replies.

"well then, we'll have to play together once, how come I've never heard of this?" harry said, faking offence.

arabelle grins. "because i learnt it just last summer, plus I've barely practiced this whole year, so i might've forgotten a few bits."

"after the exams we can practice if you'd like, you'd get to use your firebolt too." harry grins.

"definitely." arabelle replied, putting her head on harry's shoulder.

"let's go to the bridge now or back to the common room?"

"back to the common room, i still have transfiguration homework left to do."

harry sighs. "back to the common room, we go..."

arabelle smiles softly staring at him. harry catches her look and also smiles back, both of them chuckling, then shaking their heads as they continued sharing looks all the way till the common room.