Lipstick Looks Good On You | LaMelo Ball One Shot

Pairing: LaMelo Ball x fem!reader

Word Count: 3,510

Summary: You and LaMelo have been friends since childhood. You jokingly bet him that once he makes it to the NBA, he has to take you to the most expensive restaurant in LA. Will he deliver?

Warnings: fluff, and lots of it. :), slight angst.

A/N: I am glad I was finally able to write something. Trust me when I say, writing has been on my mind and I was in search of motivation!!! I am always accepting requests, it takes time to write so I appreciate the patience with it. This idea came to me from this list. I wanted to give them credit as well as maybe it will inspire some of you too. When it comes to longer fanfics.. that is most definitely a work in progress ;) I just wanted to get something posted. I'm pretty new to the Ball Fam Tumblr fandom, but I've known of them since they were in high school like me :) Can you guess which Ball Brother is the same age as me right now??

Anyway, despite all that's going on right now, let's imagine a non-problematic Melo in this story lmao💀 enjoy!! and Let me know if I should make a part two :))) I most likely will.

-@hiphop-rap-and-basketball on tumblr (aka me Liz) :)))

•••

You're now famous and ridiculously rich childhood best friend Melo Ball is going to take you out somewhere fancy for a dinner. You both made a bet a long time ago that once he made it to the NBA, he would have to take you to the most expensive restaurant in town. He took it very serious when you asked, and you worried he might forget his promise. Until, he recently texted you;

This Friday night, 7pm. Be ready.

You knew right away what he was talking about. A joke and bet you made to him a long time ago, which was actually when you guys were a lot closer. You were having the occasional feelings of regret for making such a huge request from him.

What if people notice the two of you out together? Now feeling a nervous felling in the pit your stomach because all eyes have been on him this entire year.

Since he has been traveling all across the states, it had been a while since you both actually sat down and talked in person. It had been a while since you hung out in general. You worried it was going to be awkward. He still reassured you that he would follow through with his promise. You tried to make the best of it as you got ready for the night.

You wore a black maxi dress with black high heels. You were grateful that Melo had bought the dress for you and did not choose a loud and obnoxious color, standing out was the last thing you wanted to do. Even though you were going to be at dinner with a famous NBA rookie.
You were not used to dressing up for fancy occasions. You would go to the occasional wedding or outing here and there but you have never worn anything this expensive.

You still stayed in Los Angeles but being further away from the city the better lately. Soemtimes the celebrity drama caught your interest, but as soon as it involves the negativity around Ball brothers and Big Baller Brand, you tried to ignore it. You knew the Ball family were great people at heart.

As you did your make up and got ready, you thought about all the fun times you had spent with Melo in the past. You had so many memories watching him prepare on the court in his back yard. Shot after shot, he would make them and he would miss them. You would smile to yourself when he would get a little frustrated when he missed. He worked really hard and you were super proud of him and how far he has come. His dedicated mindset is something you always admired about him.

6:30p.m.

"Sooo how's he picking you up?" Your best friend, Mika, asked.

"To be honest, I'm not sure," you giggled. "I hope he doesn't do too much."