Chapter 48 || Piper

Piper remembered floating next to Leo in a dark space before it was like she was jolted awake. She was burning all over but she could see a man--a very handsome man--and Jason. Jason appeared to have been crying and electricity was blooming in the sky and on their chests, even onto the handsome man, who didn't even seem to be moving.

That's when it hit Piper. This was a god.

The god winked at them before Piper recognized him.

"Apollo..." she breathed.

"You're welcome!" Apollo sang before Jason collapsed and he disappeared.

Piper rushed to his side, flipping him over as he fell unconscious.

"What... What happened?" she finally asked Leo, who looked equally confused as she was.

"Well... you were dead... I was dying... and then I just... fell into darkness next to you."

"Then we were out..." Piper murmured.

She stared down at her sleeping boyfriend.

"We've gotta go," she said, attempting to carry him.

With Leo's help, they stumbled into the Argo II, not sure what had just happened.

"I still don't get it!" Piper exclaimed, laying Jason down on a cot.

"Well..." Leo glanced at the digital calendar nervously. "We better chop chop because we were in there for a day. We've only got three days to get to Lebanon and Greece now."

"The apples!" Piper gasped, pulling the apples out of Jason's pockets.

"Yep!" Leo chirped. "Now let's go, Festus, buddy!"

___

Piper didn't know what to think. It was time. Thalia, Hazel, Annabeth, Frank, and Nico were all waiting for them. They just had to swoop down and get them off the hotel's balcony. It was three long days of traveling and battling the winds and strong waves, most likely sent by the giants and Gaia, as well as the speeding time sponsored by Kronos.

"We're here!" she panted, pulling the ship right next to them.

Climbing in, she rejoiced with her friends.

"I'm so happy you're all okay!" she cried.

"I'm happy that we have some sappy time, but we need to work. Now."

Piper grabbed the ingredients.

"Okay, we have nectar, one square of ambrosia, 58 dragon scales from Ladon, 2 golden apples guarded by Ladon and the Hesperides, 3 feathers from Phoenix, unicorn horn powder, dirt from the Underworld, snake venom from Medusa's hair, hydra flesh from the head, and Night Leaves from Apate's palace... shit!" Piper tugged at her hair.

"What?" Jason asked nervously.

"We don't have moonlace! We..." She sank to her knees. Her struggle was for nothing.

That's when a tickling sensation happened on her nose. She looked up to see that a petal had fallen off a flower that was in Percy's arms... wait a second...

"That's..." Piper flipped through one of the books she borrowed. "That's moonlace! How did Percy get it?"

"No idea, Pipes, but we're racing against the clock. We only have thirty minutes! Hurry!" Frank yelled.

"Uh..." Piper fumbled around. "Where's the unicorn horn powder?"

"Here!" Thalia tossed her the bag and she emptied its contents into a small bowl.