THE FUTURE

1 EXT. TATOOINE - NIGHT 1

The light of TRIPLET MOONS spills over the desert planet of TATOOINE as a LONE FIGURE takes in the desolate landscape, turning to the town of MOS EISLEY in the distance.

2 INT. MOS EISLEY CANTINA - NIGHT 2

A LOUD RUCKUS fills the cantina as a BOUNTY HUNTER and BAIL JUMPER wrestle to the death.

The rest of the patrons look on in silence - some indifferent, some ambivalent, some silently taking bets on the outcome.

The Bounty Hunter overpowers the Bail Jumper, ending him with a single blaster round. A few patrons slow clap. Some begrudgingly pay their bets.

BOUNTY HUNTER

(chuckling)

Looks like I'm bringing you in cold.

The cantina doors BURST OPEN. The patrons look over and are shocked to see the silhouette of A MANDALORIAN.

The Mandalorian strides in, wearing worn-out, mismatched maroon, yellow armor, with the right PAULDRON bearing a signet of a NEVARRO REPTAVIAN.

Everyone is stunned at the SMALL SIZE of the Mandalorian, who can just barely lean over the bar. The Mandalorian flags down the BAR DROID.

MANDALORIAN

(young female voice) Droid.

IT'S A GIRL - 13 at most. The Bounty Hunter snorts as the Bar Droid turns to her.

BAR DROID Aren't you too young to be drinking?

MANDALORIAN Last I checked, this planet doesn't have anything resembling a lawful government.

BAR DROID This is true. What can I get you?

The Mandalorian slides over several IMPERIAL CREDITS.

MANDALORIAN One spotchka ...

(pauses)

...and information.

All ears perk up.

BAR DROID

(suspicious)

What kind of information?

MANDALORIAN

I'm looking for...someone who looks like me.

BAR DROID

There aren't many Mandalorians in these parts. Can't say I've seen any recently.

MANDALORIAN

Not just any Mandalorian. I am seeking...The Mand'alor.

BAR DROID

Mandalore? You mean the planet?

MANDALORIAN

No, I mean...

BOUNTY HUNTER (O.S.)

Well lookie what we have here.

The Bounty Hunter hovers over the Mandalorian, blocking her in at the bar.

BOUNTY HUNTER

That's a pretty cute costume you have on there lil' miss. Did your daddy get it made for you?

MANDALORIAN

(stiff)

It's not a costume.

The Bounty Hunter LAUGHS as other patrons snicker.