THE HAND

EXT. SPACE - DAY 1

An INTENSE GUN SHIP BATTLE rages between the BLACK STAR, BRIGHT DAWN, and two HEAVILY ARMED space ships belonging to evil-looking BOUNTY HUNTERS.

The older BLACK STAR flies forward with all its might, while the BRIGHT DAWN tries desperately to shield it from laser fire.

INT. ENEMY SHIP - DAY 2

From inside one of the enemy cockpits, the bounty hunter captain laughs.

BOUNTY HUNTER

Give it up, Mando! They want you in alive.

One of the ships HITS the BLACK STAR, causing it to sputter, slow down.

INT. BLACK STAR / BRIGHT DAWN COCKPITS - DAY 3

A panicked WAKA desperately pushes buttons.

WAKA

My Lord! I can't hold them off for much longer!

Inside the BRIGHT DAWN cockpit, DIN DJARIN pushes his own buttons on the control panel, WINTA and KI'HAW seated behind him.

DIN DJARIN

I'm sending you coordinates! Jump now!

Waka PUSHES down hard on the accelerator.

The hyperdrive POWERS UP just as the BLACK STAR is HIT with a fatal strike! The ship VANISHES into hyperspace.

Din accelerates upwards, firing down at the two enemy ships. He OBLITERATES one, heavily damages the other, before JUMPING into hyperspace.

EXT. KOIOS SPACE - DAY 4

The BRIGHT DAWN emerges from space right below the BLACK STAR in view of the blue GAS GIANT KOIOS. The BLACK STAR sputters, then DIES. The ship goes dark.

INT. BLACK STAR / BRIGHT DAWN COCKPITS - DAY 5

Din takes out a comlink, speaks into it.

DIN DJARIN

Waka. Are you all right?

Inside the BLACK STAR cockpit, Waka tries to start the ship again, pressing buttons, pushing levers. Nothing.

A loud POP echoes through the ship. Objects start to FLOAT around her and Koo. She speaks into her comlink.

WAKA

We've lost all power, my Lord, even the gravity generator is gone!

Ki'haw gasps.

KI'HAW

They'll run out of air soon!

Din accelerates the BRIGHT DAWN forward, positioning it beneath the BLACK STAR.

DIN DJARIN

I'll dock with you again, get you to a habitable planet...

A LOUD ALARM blares through the cockpit. Din look on in shock as two FIGHTER SHIPS come into view.

DIN DJARIN (CONT.)

Oh no! Just our rotten luck!

WINTA

Dad, what are those?

DIN DJARIN

Pirates!

Static fills the ship. A crackly VOICE booms through the cockpit.

FIGHTER PILOT 1 (O.S)

Incoming crafts, identify yourself and your business here.

Din breathes heavily, methodically preparing his response. He presses a button.