THE TRIBE

1 INT. MANDALORIAN SMITHY - DAY - FLASHBACK 1

DIN DJARIN stands before THE ARMORER in front of a glittering BLUE FORGE.

He is "naked" in the sense that all of his Mandalorian metal armor is gone, save for a single pure BESKAR PAULDRON and his faded silver helmet.

The Armorer looks him over. She stands back, satisfied.

On a table behind her are sections of newly-forged PURE BESKAR ARMOR.

Din slowly raises his arms. The Armorer move between him and the table, carefully, methodically placing each piece of armor on his body as she recites THE MANDALORIAN CODE.

THE ARMORER

Strength is life, for the strong have the right to rule.

Honor is life, for with no honor one may as well be dead.

Loyalty is life, for without one's clan one has no purpose.

Death is life, one should die as they have lived.

This is the way! The way of the Mand'alor.

The Armorer stands back in a_w_e_ brand new armor.

at the sight of Din in his

Din examines it carefully, fingering vambraces, massaging the pauldrons.

He turns to The Armorer, nods in satisfaction.

In her hands, a brand new helmet - exactly the same as the one he wears, but shiny and clean.

She presents it to Din, who graciously accepts.

2 INT. MANDALORIAN COVERT / NEVARRO SEWERS - DAY - FLASHBACK 2

Din casually strolls through the DARK TUNNELS where the MANDALORIAN COVERT resides. His new armor gleams in shafts of

light.

A handful of MANDALORIANS stand watching, many more lurking in shadows.

All eyes are fixed on Din as he heads to a table where JEN RAIYA (male, same age as Din) and RINCHI LI (female, slightly younger) are seated, playing a board game with glowing multicolored pieces.

Din STOPS abruptly, turns to see a tiny FOUNDLING has grabbed the end of his ragged cloak. He bends down to the foundling's eye-level. She touches his new pauldron.

FOUNDLING

So shiny!

DIN DJARIN

That's what beskar is supposed to look like. Soon, you'll be wearing armor just like it.

Din reaches into his utility belt, takes out a CANDY BAR.

DIN DJARIN

Here.

FOUNDLING

Jen Raiya said we shouldn't eat sweets.

DIN DJARIN

Jen Raiya talks too much.

JEN RAIYA (O.S.)

You d_o_ know I'm right here?

Din turns to the pair at the table. JEN RAIYA tilts his head in exasperation.

DIN DJARIN

All the better for you to hear. (to the foundling)

Go on. Share it with the others.

The foundling nods, takes the candy bar, runs off, giggling.

Din strolls over to the pair. Jen and Rinchi stand from their seats to embrace him, as siblings do.