8 - Ambush

A/N 450+ reads (471 when I last checked) 0-o" Aight I reloaded that page and just froze x-x THANK YALL SOOO MUCH! Oml that legit gave me a heart attack though -w-" Enjoy my lovely hoomans!

~~~

2 weeks. 2 weeks to confess. You can do this.

"Morning." Dream jumped down form the ladder and sat on one of the barstools by the kitchen island, a smirk plastered across his face.

"Oh, uh, hey Dream."

"Sup. Kid up yet?"

"Don't think so, unless he's just chillin' in his room." Dream nodded slightly and went back to watching Techno cut the loaf of bread.

"Toast I assume?"

"What, you rather potatoes?"

"Hell no, we've had that, like, 5 times this week. And it's Wednesday." Techno let out a small chuckle as he placed the bread into the toaster.

"Hey Tech..."

"Yeah?" Techno turned to face Dream, who now had a concerned look on his face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He walked up to the green-hooded man and leaned on the edge of the kitchen island.

"Do you think...do you think we should, um, introduce Kid to everyone?" He didn't even say anything. Just froze. Stood there.

"W-What do you, uh, mean by e-everyone?"

"Well, maybe we could just start with the Syndicate? Or Ranboo and Tubbo maybe?"

"I-It's too risky. I know I wasn't always one to be protective over Kid but I am now. He's my son too now."

"At least let him talk to Ranboo Tech, he needs to be with someone like him. Please." Techno thought for a moment, a frown still on his face.

"Fine."

"YES! I GET TO MEET RANBOO!" They hadn't noticed, but Kid had been eavesdropping on their conversation. The 8-year-old jumped up and down, hugging his parents when he hopped all the way there.

"Whoa! Now where did you learn how to eavesdrop?"

"What's that?" The two parents laughed and embraced their son. Dream wrapped his arms around him and Techno wrapped his around them both.

"So, when we going?" Kid looked up at his parents, wonder filling his bright red and green eyes. Techno and Dream just looked at each other, then at Kid, and back up.

"Uh--"

"Today. We can go today." Techno gave Dream the 'are you kidding me' look, but huffed in defeat as the other two stared at him with puppy-dog eyes.

"Aight, fine. But we're eating breakfast first." Dream and Kid let out a grumble, but still sat at the island kitchen, like baby birds waiting to be fed.

"Hey dad."

"Mm?"

"How did you and Papa meet?" It wasn't a question they got asked often, and they both never really thought about their answer.

"Well--"

There was a sudden pound on the front door. Someone's here.

"Kid, go to your room," said Dream.

"Why? I want to help--"

"No. Go." Techno's tone was stern but calm. Kid just huffed and went to his room. 

Techno knew it wasn't Phil, because he never knocks. Not Ghostbur, he can't knock. Not the syndicate, they would've burst right through that door.

Techno walked up and peeked through the hole in the door. Shit. Quackity.

"Quackity. To what do I owe this, somewhat, pleasure?"

"I know Dream's here Techno, so you're gonna fucking hand him over."

"I'm afraid you're mistaken. I haven't seen Dream since I was last in the prison, which was, mind you, almost 3 years ago."

"You lying bitch! LET ME IN--" Techno grabbed his axe and pointed it straight at Quackity's neck.

"Don't try it. You know you're not gonna beat me in a fight."

"Oh, I might not be able to, but I bet they can." Quackity stepped to the side to reveal Sam, Puffy, George and Sapnap all standing in the snow. Full netherite armour. Full netherite weapons.

"Now will you hand him over."

...

"Over my dead body."

"SO BE IT!"

"Dream! Grab Kid and run!"

"GET TO THE BACK!" Techno swiftly threw on his netherite armour and dashed after Sapnap and George, who were trying to corner them.

"Don't try it."

YES! BLOOD!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

No. We're only killing if we have to.

"Agh!" Sapnap charged at him, which he quickly dodged. He ran after George who was running towards the back of the house.

He was about to pearl to them but Techno hit him first, causing him to miss his pearl. He ended up pearling into the woods, far from the cottage.

Where's--

A shadow flew above him. He looked up to see Phil holding Dream around the waist, and Dream carrying Kid in his arms.

"THEY'RE FLYING! SHOOT 'EM DOWN!"

"NO!" Techno dove to Sam and Puffy, who had their arrows out. He slashed his sword into Sam's arm and Puffy's leg, screams leaving their mouths as they struggle to fight back.

"LEAVE MY FAMILY THE FUCK ALONE!"

"RETREAT! EVERYONE GROUP UP!" The five injured limped all the way until they weren't in the range of Techno's vision anymore.

He glanced back to the direction he saw Phil, Dream and Kid going. They're going to Snowchester.

He whistled for Karl, who instantly galloped to him. He hopped on turned him around to be riding in the direction of Snowchester.

Hope Ranboo doesn't mind a few unexpected guests.

A/N Yes, another shorter chapter ono Im sowwyyyyy I just had no ideas for this one unu Next one's gonna be with Tubboo and Michael so :) #385 on youtubers out of 30k books and 500+ reads 0-o" Thank. You. So. Fri. Ckin. MUCHHHH :3 Hope yall enjoyed <333