EP - Beauty Sleep

A/N For those confused abt the title and this chap in general, this is an extra part (ep, not education perfect) from somewhere in the timeline of Dadz. This one is set when Kid is about 7.

~~~

"Kid I swear to god if you don't get your ass down here right now I'm gonna drop kick you out the window!" Techno shouts from the kitchen while he cleans the island counter. They were meant to be meeting Dream at the edge of the desert to pick him up from his vacation with his brother, Foolish. But they were meant to leave 30 minutes ago, so now they were extremely late, all due to the fact that Kid wouldn't get out of bed.

I swear to god if he's still under his goddamn covers I'm gonna– "What?!" Techno was about to kick down Kid's door before he bet him to it. In front of him was a very, very grumpy Kid. His mouth was folded into the biggest frown Tech's ever seen, with huge bags hanging below his eyes that were blazing with rage, but at the same drowning in tiredness.

"Don't 'wHat?' me! You were meant to be up and dressed 30 minutes ago and you have literally only barely gotten out of bed! Dream is probably already there and confused because we're not there to bring him home!"

"Then just go without me goddamnit! Why do I need to come anyway?! It's not like You haven't left me alone in the house before!" he yells, his voice at the highest volume he could muster, given the current state his in right now. Techno's blood was starting to boil, but he knew he had to keep his cool because Kid was just a kid, and can't hurt a kid. Unless it was Tommy of course.

Techno took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. "Kid, you have to come with me or Dream will literally lose his shit, so please, just get dressed and be outside in five. You can eat breakfast when we get back, we won't be too long since Dream is most likely there already."

Techno thought he had the situation under control, since Kid's face wasn't so full of rage and aggression in that moment. He thought he had calmed Kid down, tamed the beats that was just let lose. But oh damn, was he fucking wrong.

"I don't care if Papa loses his shit. I don't care if you want me to come or not. I don't care about meeting him at the edge of a flipping desert because we haven't seen him in a week. Just let. Me. Go. To. SLEEP!" And in that moment Techno knew he had really fucked up.

Kid's eyes blazed a bright purple, the white side of his hair lighting up in purple flames. The house began to shake as levitated off the ground and hung in the doorway with his arms out. Wind started to swirl around the two  as Kid chanted some incoherent words Techno couldn't make out.

Techno started to panic. He didn't know how to contain Kid's rare, but extremely dangerous, temper tantrums. Usually Dream would be the one to calm him down, whispering soothing words in his ears and telling him the things he needed to hear. But Techno didn't know how to do any of that. He already wasn't good with emotions, so how the hell was he meant to calm a raging 7 year old down from one of his episodes?

C'MON TECHNO THINK BEFORE HE TEARS THE HOUSE APART!

YEAH! THIS COTTAGE TOOK FUCKING AGES TO BUILD Y'KNOW!

You know for once eI'm not mad with this kid. I mean, he just wanted some sleep like I always do–

WELL THIS MOTHER-FUCKER'S 'BOUT TO TEAR THIS HOSUE DOWN SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT HIM!

UGH USELESS AS ALWAYS THAT ONE!

AYO DON'T GO AT MY BOY LIKE THAT! HE'S JUST TRYNA RELATE TO SOMEONE FOR ONCE!

WELL GUESS WHAT BITCH?! I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I WAS SLEEPING TOO AND NOW THIS SON OF A BITCH WOKE ME UP BECAUSE HE WAS THROWING ANOTHER GODDAMN TANTRUM!

ALL OF YOU SHUT UP! I'VE GOT THIS! JUST WATCH!

"Kid! Kid it's ok! You're ok, I'm here, I'm right here!" Techno screamed, booming his voice as loud as he could, though the wind circling around the overtook his voice in volume. "Kid! C'mon it's Dad! Don't give in Kid! You're stronger than all those voices! I know you are!" Techno tried and tried but he wouldn't budge. "Come one buddy! Breathe in, and out, and in, and out!"

No matter how loud Techno screamed, or how much sentiment he put in his words, or how much gentleness he poured into his voice while still keeping the same volume, he couldn't get through to Kid, and the tantrum was getting worse by the minute. He needed to think of something, of anything to bring his son back to him.

And then it hit him. After all this time, this whole year and a half that Kid's been with them, not once had Techno expressed how much he means to him and what he's done to this violent man. Kid's helped him see that there's good in people other than Phil and Dream. He's showed hi, the simpler things in life that only Kid could really be grateful for because of his memory loss.

He's shown him kindness. He's shown him strength. He's shown him weakness. But most of all, he's shown him...

"Kid! Kid can you hear me?! Please look at me!" He didn't think it would work, but the semi-possessed version of his son slightly tilted his head from where he was levitating to meet the eyes of his Dad. "Ok! Ok, that's great buddy! Listen, I know I don't have the best way of showing it, but trust me when I say this!" he takes a deep breath in "I love you!"

And after Kid's eyes go wide in shock, the purple colour drains from his eyes and hair, and he faints onto the ground, Techno quick enough to catch him as he cradles his son in his arms. He didn't realise it, but there were tears straining down the half-piglin's face, ceasing to stop eve when he wiped them.

But he didn't care, because right now, in that moment, the only thing he could focus on was Kid. His son. His pride and joy. And those words he said, he meant.

He loved him. He really did love Kid.

~~~

A/N AHHH THIS WAS SO FUN TO WRITE!! I really missed writing and making this for y'all just made my day lmao. Anyways I really hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it! Also thank you for 2k votes on Dadz! And 60+ followers! Love yall <3