10 - Midnight Stroll

A/N 10th Chapter pog! .n. 650+ reads holy cow -u-" Thank yall so much (again) ouo I don't have much to actually say rn lol -v- Oh, wait. Also, if you live in Australia you might know what footy colours day is, which is tmrw for me :> GO GEELONG! uvu Enjoy!

~~~

"MUM!" Techno shot up form his bed. What the-- Oh, he had a dream.

"Tech-no?" Dream sat up beside the half-piglin, a sleepy, but worried look on his face. The two had a pillow in the middle of the bed. They had to share since Tubbo and Ranboo didn't have enough beds.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?"

"What d'you think?" Techno smiled, genuinely. Dream always liked to see him smile.

"Sorry, just making sure I'm not dreaming again." He shuddered and Dream rubbed his eyes to clearly see him.

"Was it your mother again?" He nodded, and Dream sighed.

"If you wanna talk 'bout it--"

"No, no. It's fine. Plus, there's nothing to talk 'bout, just the same ol' dream. You can go back to bed."

"Tech, you know I won't sleep. DreamXD, Nightmare and nightmares keep me awake. You're not the only one y'know."

"Sorry, forgot." A year ago, Dream started to have dreams too, but unlike Techno's, his were all different. Different memories haunting him.

"Well, if you're not gonna keep me awake, coffee will. Want one?" he said, already getting out of bed.

"Sure. I'll come down too, I think I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Then I'll come along. Something needs to entertain me anyway, or at least keep me busy til' the sun's up."

The two crept through the room, grabbing their belongings as they went, seeing as they were scattered all across the living room.

Once they were both finally outside, they let out a deep sigh and walked over to the shore. It was freezing, but Dream didn't care.

"So, where ya from?"

"That's random, but ok." They laughed in sync, finally stopping so Dream could talk.

"I'm from the plains, grass plains. Grew up there, made memories, made friends, built an empire and got imprisoned there. So yeah, I've pretty much lived in the plains my whole life, up until almost 3 years ago."

Techno nodded, and was about to continue but the wind picked up a little. Dream watched as his cotton-candy pink hair swayed to the breeze.

"I grew up in the forest. Phil found me as an infant--"

"So you kill orphans but you were an orphan yourself?"

"Just wait, I have reasons that haven't been said yet." Dream put up his hands in mock-defence as Techno just chuckled at the sarcastic gesture.

"Wilbur was my older brother. Phil found Tommy when I was 7 and Wil was 12. Mum hadn't died then."

A silence set upon them. Even the wind had stopped howling. The only sound was the one beneath their feet. Sand.

"Her name was Kristen, correct?"

"Yup."

Silence, again. Pure, deafening, unbearable, uncomfortable, silence.

"She died when I was 10. There were hunters, orphan hunters, and uh, they were after Phil and Mum's wings. So, my mum told Phil to take us and go. She died protecting us, and I couldn't even do anything."

"Hey." Dream stopped walking now. They were on the dock as he put a hand on Techno's arm, sliding it up and down to comfort him.

"You were a kid. I know I did more stupid things when I was 10."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Became friends with Sapnap and George." Another uncomfortable silence fell upon them. They used to be Dream's best friends, his number one supporters.

Not anymore. And for good reason, he thought.

"You were just trying to create peace."

"And look at me now. 21 year-old criminal, wanted for murder, child abuse, treason. The list is probably endless."

"It might be, but at least you had reason. I killed innocents just because I couldn't control yourself."

"So did I, did I not?" Techno huffed in defeat.

"The point is, we both did bad things, but we're trying our best to leave that behind and start fresh, and it's working."

It was true, what Techno said. It was working. They had a child. A home. A family. But still, Dream felt like there was something missing.

"Hey Tech."

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever felt...love?" He knew it sounded silly, but he just wanted to get it off his chest. He didn't know why, but the question had been bothering him for a while now.

"Well, yeah. I loved my mum. Loved Wil. Loved Tommy. Love Phil."

"Well yeah, I know that, but have you ever felt, like, love for someone that wasn't a relative of yours?"

Dream watched as Techno pondered at the question. Ugh, he probably thinks I'm stupid.

"Y'know what, never mind. Sorry for making it awkward--"

"No, wait. I'll answer it." He took Dream's hand and led him over to the edge of the dock. The two sat on the edge, their feet dangling over the edge.

"I have, yeah. And uh, it just so happens that me and...them, have gotten closer, over the past few, years." He took Dream's hand.

"Oh yeah? What does this, someone, look like?"

"Well, they have dirty-blonde hair. How 'bout your lil' crush?"

"Cotton-candy pink." No way. This is not happening.

"Mine has bright green eyes that shine like emeralds."

"Mien has Bright ruby-red eyes, that reflect the blood he craves."

"Mine has a child."

"So does mine."

"The kid's name is Kid."

"So is...mine."

The two just laughed at their childish confessions for a while. The hadn't noticed, but they were now standing on the edge of the dock, facing each other, hand in hand, inches away from each other's faces.

Techno started to lean it a bit closer, tilting his head slightly. Dream followed in suit. The Techno. Then Dream.

Their little game continued until their lips were an inch away. So...close...

Techno filed the gap when he leaned in all the way, placing his lips gently on Dream's. His body stiffened at the touch, but slowly melted into his embrace.

He snaked his hands around Techno's neck, the other grabbing onto Dream's waist. The kiss slowly got rougher, their hips and lips moving in sync.

After a minute or two, they broke away, their foreheads touching and their breaths hot on each other's lips.

"So. Who's telling Kid that his parents are finally dating."

"Whoa, dating? That, sounds too weird. I don't wanna put a label on things yet." Dream lifted his head so he could wrap his arms around Techno's torso to connect at his back.

Techno wrapped his arms around the shorter, who placed his head in his neck. They stood there for a while, in a, finally, comfortable silence.

"About time bitches!" Phil?

A/N Lol 666 reads last time I checked -w- YES! DNB IS ON A ROLL PEOPLE! EEEEEE! >:D You have no clue how long I've been waiting to write this chapter owo Lol Phil at the end though (¬‿¬) Dad goals unu Hope yall enjoyed <333