|VI|

Julia's first clue that it was the next morning, was that she heard sounds of loud machinery and she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes with a grunt and she heard the tools slow and stop, and the noise faded.

"Sorry, I didn't really mean to wake you up. I just really wanted to wake Phoebe up and annoy her, before the chaos of picture day starts to ensue by my power." Max admitted and he was putting the helmet to the side.

"Max, what time is it?" Julia asked with a nearly jaw-breaking yawn and Max chuckled a little, and he held out her phone to her. Julia wiped the last of her sleep out of her eyes, before she was staring at the clock. "Oh, it's only 5am. Can I borrow your new set of headphones?" She asked and yawns again, as Max handed them over to her and instead of going back to his tools, he started brainstorming pranks with her.

"I think the melted chocolate is a truly, really, really good back for all of us, to school prank for sure, especially for Phoebe who wants it to be totally, utterly perfect. Every time." Max was saying, and Julia was eating wings as well as a whole lot of hot sauce and a nod indicated that she was following a bit along, at least.

"Agreed. Phoebe is a complete perfectionist, so we had might as well completely ruin it for her." Julia, her smirk was almost as evil as Max tried to make his be. But somehow, it was almost more convincing on her as she spoke and Max grinned, as he shut the notebook.

"I knew that you were my best and also, my only friend for a reason and a really good one, at that!" Max points out and he flopped down onto the bed next to her, as Julia ignored the friend remark and yawned as he put his arm around her shoulders. "So do you have fire powers?" Max asked out of the blue and Julia kicked him in the shin hard, as Max yelled and Julia was shaking her head at him and to Max's shock, there was tears in her eyes.

"The one damn thing that I asked for Max. I asked you to forget it, but... you are so determined to have the perfect villainous life, that you don't care who you ruin with the knowledge that you amass." She snapped as Max flinched noticeably, at the stunning emotional state that she was showing for once.

Julia collected her stuff and threw on her jacket, as Max tried to get around a bunch of stuff to apologize to her, as she ignored him. "Jules, please. Talk to me." He begged and as Julia lifted a single finger without looking at him, Max's face fell.

"You can tell Phoebe that she won't need to worry about me eating all of your food, anymore." She murmured and Max looked crushed, and she was walking up the stairs in silence.

"Wait, honey! You can't leave yet, I haven't finished the waffles." Barb's voice was irritatin' to her soundin' too much like her dead mother, but once Julia turned to look at her, the mother of the Thundermans fell silent.

Julia looked down at the charm bracelet that the Thundermans had each bought a charm for upon them finding out that it was her birthday... and she ripped it off of her wrist. "You can keep it." She said and she dropped the bracelet down onto the table and left it behind, as Max ran up the stairs and he tried to use telekinesis, but she sensed it and managed to get out the door before he could catch her with it.

"Maximus, what did you do?" His mother asked and while she was in the middle of questioning him, Max was staring at the bracelet on the counter and he felt like he was being sucker-punched over and over again.