|X|

"Wakey, wakey." Julia saw something flashing at her from beneath her closed eyelids and she rolled over, pushing her face into the pillow that had been underneath her head. She dimly heard Max grumbling, before he was rolling back to sleep. "GET UP!" The voice said and Julia loudly grunted in protest, right before the bed was flipped over.

"Ow!" Julia shouted and she groaned as she opened her eyes and saw that it was Phoebe shining a bright flashlight at her. "Okay, I'm up. I'm up." Julia protested and Phoebe smirked and Max was dragging himself up and off of the floor.

"Not cool, Phoebes. Not cool, at all." Max grumbled and he swiftly messed up his hair a little bit to try to make it seem slightly more presentable, as he shook his head until the sleep had at least somewhat disappeared from his eyes.

"How long was I out? Phoebe, what time is it?" Julia asked and rubbed the remaining thoughts of the heavenly thing known as sleep out of her eyes, as Phoebe was chuckling.

"Max set the timer for 12 hours and you guys, you ended up sleeping for almost 14 and I have pictures to prove it." Both Julia and Max looked up at that, as Phoebe was grinning at them and Julia's heat waves were starting to wash over the room.

"Phoebe, you are so dead!" Max shouted and the two bolted up the stairs after Phoebe, with Julia pausing only for a split second to grab her jacket first. Julia managed to slam to a stop to avoid colliding with Max, after she spotted him stopped. Phoebe was proudly holding up the phone full of pictures and Julia had the sense that Max was seething with fury, as she reached out her hand very slightly and Max squeezed her hand.

"Give us the phone Phoebe. Nothing even happened, so why are you suddenly just so interested in it?" Julia asked as she felt Max squeezing her hand, both as a coping mechanism and also a way to release his anger and annoyance.

"I'm not. But I am willing to bet that your father will be and so will our parents. After all, you are the daughter of Scaldor. Aren't you?" Phoebe stated and Julia's eyes started to glow orange, like the embers at the bottom of a campfire.

"Julia, stop it. She is just trying to rile you up, our parents won't care. Julia, chill out." Max murmured but at the same time when he was being all calm and collected about that sort of stuff, Phoebe just kept right on talking.

"I'm sure that our parents will ask the super league to move your family away and since your father is a deadbeat drunk, I am absolutely sure that they will oblige our request for you two to be moved away. Far away." Phoebe stated smugly and she was choosing to ignore the warning signs, as the temperature of the room was going up and up, and showing no signs of stopping at all.

"Phoebe, stop it!" Max sounded urgent now, as the temperature was getting up to almost an intolerable boiling temperature.

"You don't deserve to be here!" Phoebe had hit the nail on the head of why Julia had no friends other than Max, and why she was always sleeping over at their house and not at her own home. "Oh, sorry, I meant that you don't belong anywhere."

At those words, Julia lost it.