- 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟕 -

"Checkmate."

  You let out an exasperated groan as you moved a black chess piece off of the board, Hawks grinning smugly at you with his hands tied all the while. You looked up at him and pouted, pushing the chess board to the side. "No faaair. You're too good at this dumbass game. Even when your hands are tied."

  "Aww, is the poor baby upset because she lost~?" Hawks purred, and if you didn't have him tied up, you knew he would squish your cheeks with his hand condescendingly. You scowled childishly and crossed your arms, then turned away and huffed.

  "Not upset. You're just too cocky."

  "And are you saying you don't like that?"

  "No, the problem is I love it."

  Hawks hunched over with tumultuous laughter, his shoulders shaking, and you blushed a bit. Ever since the event that occurred yesterday, you had become more conscious of him. Which is exactly why you intended to keep him busy with brain games, so that wouldn't happen again. You weren't used to getting flustered. And you didn't want to get used to it.

  "Let's play Jenga next." You sighed heavily and pulled out a cardboard box from under the table you were sitting at, then set it on the table. Hawks' laughter died down and he looked up at you, a shit-eating grin on his face.

  "But don't you need your hands to play that?"

  "I'll move the pieces for you, Birdie, don't get your feathers in a twist." You responded calmly, trying to mask the inner panic that was welling up inside you. There was no way you were letting him come untied. If he touched you, it would be over. Hawks mocked your pout from earlier and turned his head, raising his nose in a snobby manner.

  "Hmph. You're no fun."

  You frowned and eyed him warily, crossing your legs over each other. Why couldn't you read him? Normally, men like him were easy to analyze, but for some reason you couldn't get inside his head. 

  His hot, hot head. 

  Hawks slowly opened his eyes and glanced at you, a sly smile growing on his face as he made eye contact with you. You quickly looked away and pretended to set up the Jenga tower while crimson blush bloomed on your cheeks.

  "Aww, don't look away now, you looked like you were enjoying yourself~"

  "You-"

  Hawks lifted up your chin with his fingers, unsurprisingly untied. You cast a slightly startled look up at him as his fingers grazed your jawline, your face warming up. You would have been more surprised, if it wasn't for the fact that you knew Hawks was extremely smart. You knew, and he knew, he could have escaped the bindings himself.

  And this was exactly what you wanted to happen. Even if you didn't want to admit it. You craved his attention.

  You melted into his touch and Hawks cooed, squishing your cheeks with his hand just as you had predicted. "My, my, Angel, I never thought you were the type to seek attention~"

  You flinched and your E/C eyes flickered to him, glimmering momentarily with a flustered gleam. "Wh-"

  Hawks leaned in close to your ear, his warm breath fanning over it as he murmured amusedly. "You and I both know I could have gotten out of those ropes any time I wanted. You just wanted to provoke a reaction out of me, didn't you?"

  You shivered and shrank back a bit, feeling electricity spark across your skin. This was exactly what you wanted to avoid. Melting under his gaze, his touch, his everything. 

  But did you really want to avoid it?

  "...And what would you say if I told you you were right?" You tried to keep a cool and collected tone, while at the same time giving off the usual teasing air you had every day. Hawks chuckled and pulled away from your ear, gazing fearlessly into your mildly frightened eyes. It became clear to you then.

  He was never the prey. You were.

  "Then I guess I'll have to give you the attention you want, right?" The gold-haired man dipped forward slowly and parted his lips, a hand placed on the back of your neck. Your eyes widened as he leaned closer and closer, until he stopped just before meeting your lips. His warm amber eyes trailed up to yours, filled with amusement, before they got further away from you as he pulled back again. Hawks gave you an innocent grin as you sat stunned, cracking his neck and humming as he stretched.

  "Aaand, that's a wrap."

  You gave him a confused look, then watched with mild surprise as his face contorted and warped, seemingly melting away. Now, in his place, was a short woman with blonde hair wrapped into twin buns, fangs showing as she smiled at you eerily. Your pupils shrank and you stared at the girl, tensing up like a cat about to swipe with its claws. 

  "Hi there, bunny! Remember me?" The blonde chirped, her eyes sparkling as she pulled out a knife and lunged at you. You quickly activated your quirk and dodged her attack, excitement washing over you as it normally did when you were in battle. 

  You were never a normal girl. You laughed at pain, smiled at conflict, and felt happy when others suffered. But your favorite thing to do? Kick people to the curb and make sure they couldn't get back up afterwards.

  A crazed grin grew on your face unknowingly, yet at the same time you felt annoyed that your weekly "date" with Hawks was interfered with. The woman slashed at you with her knife again, grazing one of your weak spots and making you hiss slightly. She giggled insanely, her cat-like eyes shining with glee as she licked the blood off of her knife. Your eyes glinted and your body flashed red with heat, stalking around her like a predator hunting its prey. 

  Knowing that this was not the real Hawks, you were now the hunter again, and she was the hunted.

  "Alright, Toga Himiko, let's dance."