- 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟒 -

WARNING! There is gore in this, so if you're not comfortable with that, please exit out of the chapter.

  "Evening, Red Angel."

  "Evenin', Hawks. Long time no see."

  "You just kidnapped me yesterday." Hawks laughed, watching you intently as you messed around at your desk. You glanced back at him and grinned, a sly glint flashing in your eyes.

  "Then you must not be doing a very good job at bein' a hero, if you keep allowing yourself to be getting caught like this."

  Hawks hummed and leaned back in his seat, still not taking his eyes off of you. "Haven't gotten bored of you yet, and getting abducted is kinda interesting. Especially since it's a pretty lady whisking you away."

  You snorted and turned around, taking off your silicone gloves and wiping your hands with an alcohol wipe. Hawks eyed your bloodstained desk, his expression growing serious.

  "What're you doin' at that desk over there?"

  "Oh, nothing, just dissecting the body of a corrupt politician. Wanted to explore his brain a bit, see what made him have his ideals." You said nonchalantly, twirling a bonesaw around in your hands as the body fell to the floor, landing with a wet thud. You dragged the body over to the feathered man, and rested the man next to his thigh. Hawks stared at you with disbelief, a sick feeling settling at the pit of his stomach. You smiled sweetly at him, tilting your head.

  "Something wrong? I thought you might want some company, is all."

  The man's bloodied head slumped against Hawks's leg and he physically recoiled, fighting to urge to gag. He gave you a pained expression, grimacing.

  "I'm not exactly too thrilled with having a dead person to keep me company..."

  You threw your head back and cackled, shoulders shaking with your laughter. "Who says he's dead?!"

  A weak groan was heard from beside the hero, and Hawks turned his head, his eyes widening. The man groggily moved his head, his eyes fluttering open to stare at Hawks desperately. Blood poured from his exposed cranium, his suit blood-stained and covered with small pieces of brain matter. His lips parted shakily, and he let out a soft croak.

  "Kill...me..."

  Hawks inhaled sharply, panic and fear washing over him. The disgust he felt grew more and more as the man opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, almost like an AI glitching. Suddenly, with a sickening crack, the man's head splattered against the ground, painting the white marble floor red. Hawks looked up at you with horror, his brown eyes filled with fright as blood splattered across his face. You loomed over the man's body with a sledgehammer, a look of pure excitement on your face. Your E/C eyes sparkled with joy as if you had just won a million bucks, and your cheeks were flushed. They flickered over to Hawks and your smile grew bigger, your crazed eyes widening.

  "Aw, don't look at me like that, he was suffering already! It's like finding a brutally injured animal on the side of the road, I just...put him out of his misery, y'know?"

  Hawks shuddered with disgust and tried to shift away from the now dead man next to him, the knot in his stomach growing as he tried to swallow the feeling of sickness away. You let out a slightly deranged laugh, spinning the hammer around in your hand and swinging it back and forth. The hero turned his head away from you, squeezing his eyes shut in a feeble attempt to get rid of the imagery of what he had just witnessed. You cooed and wiped off your hands, then grabbed his face and turned it towards you.

  "Are you scared, Bird Man? Is the big bad apex predator afraid of a little Angel? I'm sure you must've seen worse stuff than this in your career, and you've probably participated in it, too..."

  Hawks opened his eyes and pursed his lips, staring at you dead in the eyes.

  "Killing isn't a fun job. It doesn't matter how corrupt that politician was, he was still a living being."

  You paused and eyed his face, then released your grip on his cheeks and stood up straight. You hummed and turned around, placing the sledgehammer back down on your desk and wiping off your face. 

  "Who said I found killing fun? And trash is trash, no matter how you look at it. That man was dead before I even laid my eyes on 'im."

  Hawks opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped by a raise of your hand.

  "You can go ahead and leave, now. You're boring me."

  The golden-haired man furrowed his brows, then sighed and let his feathers untie himself. He stood up and started walking out the door, then glanced back at you and forced a smile.

  "Same time tomorrow, then?"

  You didn't respond, instead choosing to mutter to yourself and play around with your various torture tools. Hawks's smile faded and he let out a heavy sigh, then flapped his wings and took off. Your eyebrows knitted together as he flew away, but you didn't look back at him. A sigh of your own escaped your lips and you ran a hand through your messy H/C hair, looking back at the corpse of the man you had just murdered.

  "...Filth like that doesn't deserve to live. No matter what he says."