Chapter 2 : Back To My Love

Long chapter ahead👀

-----

Nandini fiddled with her bracelet as she saw the plane nearing Mumbai. She felt giddy with excitement.

'Even though I face-timed everyone all these months, meeting them will be so different! Chacha, Chachi and Rishabh came to Delhi twice during these six months, so I don't miss them that much but Manik! I can't wait to be in his arms again!' Nandini thought.

Unfortunately, the six months that Nandini was away, Manik had the busiest time of his life till date. He was promoted to a higher position in Malhotra Industries and the responsibilities increased. This meant that Manik couldn't afford to leave the city, except for Pune, which also meant only work, no fun.

Nandini looked at her bracelet that Manik gifted to her almost seven years ago. Over the years, they added firefly and star charms to their bracelets. In addition to that, they still wore the 'MaNan' wristband. She smiled at their cheesiness.

As soon as they reached the airport, she quickly went to pick her big suitcases. Luckily, she got them quickly and she hurried to the exit, pushing her trolley like a mad woman. Her eyes started looking for Manik as soon as she neared the arrivals gate. There wasn't a lot of crowd as it wasn't the holiday season. Nandini couldn't hide her grin when she spotted Manik, the love of her life. She pushed the trolley to an extent and left it to run towards Manik. Manik opened his arms and hugged her tightly, lifting her.

"Manikk!!!!" Nandini shouted happily and started sobbing.

Manik laughed and rubbed her back to console her. People around them adored the sweet couple.

"Nandu...shhh!" Manik broke their hug and wiped her tears. Nandini smiled amidst her tears and hugged him again.

"I missed you so so so much." Nandini said.

"I missed you more than that then." Manik teased. Nandini broke the hug and saw his hand, which held a bouquet.

"These are for me?" Nandini asked.

"No, it's for the airhostess." Manik said.

"Manik!" Nandini snapped.

"Arre? Obviously tumhare liye hai. Stupid." Manik flicked her head and then handed her the bouquet. Nandini read the note that was attached.

To my love,
I missed you so much that I realized I should never let you go. Love you<3

"This is so sweet!" Nandini said.

"I know. Ab chalo, let's go." Manik pushed the trolley and walked with Nandini to his car.

"I am sorry main yeh week call nahi kar paya zyaada. My schedule was packed." Manik apologized.

"It's okay na Manik! Us not talking a lot this week made this moment more special." Nandini said, playing with the flowers in the bouquet.

"Tum aur tumhara logic." Manik said, shaking his head.

"Admit it Manik Malhotra, my weird logics have brought us closer." Nandini said, wrapping her arms around his.

"That I have to admit." Manik replied, keeping her suitcases in the car.

"No Mohan today?" Nandini asked, referring to Manik's driver.

"Naah, vo kya hai na, main nahi chahta ki koi hume kuch karte huye dekhe..." Manik flirted.

Nandini laughed and sat inside the car. Manik joined her and soon they were on the road.

"Manik, let's go to my place na." Nandini said.