Chapter 7 : Embracing The Reality

I don't even know why I bothered asking y'all to guess, everyone answered correctly😭😂

-----

"What?!"

"I am not lying Dhruv."

"But we..."

"It didn't work!"

"Alya...hum slow jaane waale the...aur ab..."

"I know! I am so confused right now." Alya said.

Dhruv lied on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He reached out to hold Alya's hand.

"Kisi ko pata hai?"

"Ab tak nahi."

"Okay...okay...we can work this out."

"Dhruv, do you want the baby? Like, do you want to help me raise it? Because I am not going to abort it." Alya declared, the grip on his hand tightening.

"Of course Alya! Yeh kaisa sawal hai? Just because we fucked up doesn't mean I would tell you to get rid of the baby." Dhruv said.

"I know...Dhruv, I actually went to the gynac a few years ago and she had told me that chances of having a baby were low. And now that I actually have the chance, I really don't want to let it go." Alya explained, gently placing her hand on her still-flat tummy.

Dhruv got up and made her sit with him. He took her hand in his and squeezed it assuringly.

"Alya...main khud ko kabhi maaf nahi karta agar mere jagah koi aur hota."

Alya smiled widely and placed her head on his shoulder. Dhruv pulled her closer, placing a kiss on her hair.

"This seems surreal...I thought you would react in a different way."

"I would have, under different circumstances. Ab hum bade ho gaye hai, financially good situation hai...and I have hope in us."

"I do too...but I am scared Dhruv. I am scared of this society. Navya ke baad, I am terrified." She said, expressing her true fears. Both of them shuddered at the memory of people reacting to Navya's pregnancy. Dhruv looked at her, as she spoke, with a tinge of fear. He really wanted to protect her from all the evil.

"Main hoon na. Main kuch nahi hone dunga. I will keep both of you safe. Will you trust me?"

"I trust you Dhruv...a lot...but please don't break my heart. I won't survive another heartbreak...I want this to work." Alya said, breaking out into a sob.

"Shhh...it'll be alright, we'll be fine."

Alya hummed and placed her hand on her tummy again, caressing her yet-to-come baby bump. It had really become a habit to her.

-----

"That was perfect Manik! I love this so much!" Nandini chirped, practically vibrating with joy.

Manik laughed. They had just finished jamming together after a long time. Manik placed his guitar down and looked at Nandini.

"I think we are ready for the recording?"

"We so are! Manik, tumhe koi idea hai kitni khush hun main tumhe mic ke saath dekhkar. I missed your musical side." Nandini said, tracing her fingers over his.

Manik held her hand and pulled her towards himself.

"You were so turned on whenever I sang, weren't you? It makes you feel things..." Manik whispered, slowly tracing his fingers up and down her arm.