Chapter 4 : Conflicts

After spending a pleasant weekend in Mangalore, the couple boarded the flight back to Mumbai. They reached at 11 PM and went to their respective homes, to rest.

Next day was Monday, and everyone got back to their work, but it was different at Alya's mansion.

The sun rays hit Alya's face and she woke up, rubbing her eyes. She opened her eyes and witnessed a sight she never thought she would – Dhruv sleeping in the same bed, right next to her. She had given up hope years ago.

"Dhruv, wake up! It's 8." Alya said, ruffling his hair. Dhruv turned in his sleep and covered his face with the quilt.

"Let me sleep." Dhruv said.

"No! Uth jao." Alya pulled the quilt away. Dhruv held her hand and pulled her towards him.

"Dhruv yeh-"

"Is this real? Or am I dreaming?" Dhruv asked, smiling.

"Most certainly real." Alya said, lying down beside him, with her face on his chest.

"I never want to let go of you ever again." Dhruv said, patting her head.

"Same here Dhruv. I can't wait to come back to Mumbai, we'll start fresh." Alya said, looking at him.

"Yes." Dhruv kissed her forehead and caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"I think I should go. I have to go for the 11 AM batch." Dhruv said, sadly.

"Oh." Alya was disappointed. After all these years, she just wanted to hold him close and not let him go.

"Hum shaam ko milenge na...Mukti ke ghar." Dhruv tried to make up.

"Yeah but it will be different." Alya said.

"Why?"

"Why? You want to tell our friends?"

Dhruv looked at her for a second. He remembered how his insecurity years ago killed their relationship brutally.

"Nahi, we'll wait. We'll take it slow." Dhruv said, hugging her.

"Yes, slow." Alya said, hugging him back.

-----

Manik waited for Nandini to come out of her house. He was there to pick her up. He was supposed to drop her off at the music institute and then go to his workplace.

She came out soon, running and making a bun of her hair at the same time.

"Careful Nandini!"

Nandini barged into the car and started muttering incoherent apologies. He shook his head and let her settle down.

"Hogaya?" Manik asked.

Nandini nodded and rested her head in the headrest, closing her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Manik asked.

"Hmm." She nodded with pursed lips.

"Listen, you don't look okay. Aaj jaana hi hai?" Manik asked.

"Haan...important day. Tum chalao na." Nandini insisted.

"Fine, but tell me if you are not okay." Manik said.

Nandini nodded and looked out of the window, trying to take in the pain.

"Oh...you have your periods, don't you?" Manik asked, remembering the date.

He remembered getting an alert on his phone the day before that her periods would begin anytime. Yes, he was boyfriend goals.

"I do." Nandini said, in a low voice.