Trust

Part 8 of the Curse Within Gojo series.
---

Ryoumen Sukuna 両面宿儺

The plan has always been to regain his body and be free again, crushing all who dares to stand in his way. He will kill every man, woman and child who defiles him, and not to forget all those annoying sorcerers. He will have the whole world right in his palms once again, striking fear in every human and curse. His plan is perfect and he is absolutely sure that nothing in this world will stop him. He will rise again as the King of Curses, basking in all of his well-deserved glory and—

Sukuna doesn't know when the plan has started to go astray.

When he awoke from his slumber to a blindfolded sorcerer asking for ten seconds of his time, Sukuna thought the man was being way too cocky. How dare that sorcerer look down on him. Sukuna was going to crush that man like the tiny bug he was the first second they switched.

Sukuna was wrong.

Being wrong was a start to the King of Curses. His loss surprised him, even amused him maybe, but in the end it all turned to annoyance and anger. This childish, cocky, and absolutely annoying sorcerer beat him, the literal king of all curses. The man even sat on him like he was a throne, and Sukuna was beyond furious every time he thought about it.

But it was okay, Sukuna gritted his teeth in seething rage, he would win next time. The thought soothed his anger into a calming sea. He will be unstoppable the moment he consumes all of his fingers. By then, no one could stop him, not even this fool of a sorcerer called Gojo Satoru. Sukuna even swore to that sorcerer's face that he would kill the man no matter what.

What Sukuna didn't know was that the promise was deemed to be broken in the first place. It didn't occur to him when exactly had he begun paying attention to the sorcerer. Every time he felt the sorcerer’s presence, every time he heard the sorcerer's chirpy yet annoying voice, he would tune in to his vessels senses, keeping his attention trained on the blindfolded man.

It is because the sorcerer is strong, Sukuna tells himself, and the strong always interests him. He just wants to see what the so-called strongest sorcerer of the century looks like, and what he saw through his vessel’s eyes was just a piece of useless trash.

The man was the literal definition of fake. Sukuna didn't like that fake smile of his, that fake chirpiness in his voice, that fake composure he veiled upon himself even though everything wasn't alright. Soon, everything about Gojo Satoru annoyed him down to the guts.

Fushiguro Megumi on the other hand, wasn't even half as annoying as him. The shadow user, although not nearly as strong as Six Eyes, was indeed amusing to play with. Fushiguro Megumi would fit well in Sukuna’s plans. With just a little tuning and refinement, Fushiguro Megumi will become the ultimate ace up Sukuna’s sleeves.

In the end however, it all turned out to be unimportant the moment Gojo Satoru came back with a curse residing inside his body.

The minute Sukuna broke through his vessel’s mental barrier because he had sensed one of his fingers in his vicinity, he found himself enthralled by the sight laying before him. The sorcerer had looked so peaceful in his sleep, his soft fluffy white hair brushing gently across his forehead. Sukuna couldn't tear his eyes off of the sorcerer's dazzling long eyelashes and translucent pale skin.

Sukuna thought Gojo Satoru looked absolutely beautiful.

That was, until the sorcerer's eyebrows scrunched together the second he sensed the curse's immense presence. Sukuna caught the way how the sorcerer’s adam apple moved when the man suppressed a growl. Piercing reds stared into dazzling blues and Sukuna made a grab at him at a start, hand wrapping around the sorcerer's neck.