Just A Dream

Gojo is in his room, alone, the bed beside him empty ever since Sukuna had stormed out last night. Gojo doesn’t really remember what they fought about. It was probably something trivial but it doesn’t really matter — they fought.

Gojo doesn’t think it’s his fault. I mean, how could it be his fault? How could anything be his fault? It’s never Gojo’s fault, never. So, no, it isn’t Gojo’s fault, although Sukuna would say otherwise.

Gojo doesn’t remember the details, but their fight went along the lines of something like this:

“You’re late.” That’s the first thing Sukuna says to him when he comes home for dinner, except that it’s already 10 pm, which is way past dinner time.

“I had a curse to exorcise, you know I’m high in demand.” Gojo shrugs like it’s no big deal. It’s just an innocent comment, but Sukuna thinks that the ‘high in demand’ part refers to him too, as if Gojo coming home to accompany his boyfriend is a chore.

“You said you wouldn’t be late this time.” Yet, Sukuna doesn’t say anything about it, red eyes glaring at Gojo in the dark.

“I know, but I wasn’t late on purpose this time. You can’t be mad at me for this.” Gojo pouts at him, trying to act innocent and pitiful and pushing the blame onto Sukuna instead, as if Sukuna is the one in the wrong for getting mad at him.

“It’s our three months anniversary today.” That’s all Sukuna says in response.

“It is?” It’s obvious Gojo doesn’t remember. Sukuna isn’t sure if he’s actually surprised. “Didn’t know you were into this kind of things.”

Sukuna has to hold himself back from punching him. “You were the one who insisted on celebrating it.” Gojo had pestered him about it a few weeks back, making it such big of a deal only to forget about it completely when the day finally comes. Typical.

“I did? Ah, gomen gomen. We can celebrate it now.” Gojo sends him a smile, not even putting effort into apologizing properly. “Come on, Suku-chan, I promise it won’t happen next time.”

“You’re all about making empty promises.” Sukuna doesn’t even have enough fingers to count how many times Gojo has broken a promise. Gojo had promised not to be late today and we can all see how it turned out. Without another word, Sukuna turns around and heads inside while Gojo removes his shoes in the foyer. The table is set with food and candles, and it’s clear that Sukuna had put the effort into preparing it.

It’s only when Sukuna sits down in his seat that he notices that Gojo isn’t doing the same. Red eyes glance up at the still-standing man while Gojo lets out a nervous chuckle. “…I err, I ate before I came.”

That is the last straw for Sukuna.

The curse stands up from the table and leaves, storming into the master bedroom and slamming the door shut behind him, the force strong enough to make the whole house rattle. Gojo stands there alone, not uttering a single word. He sits down at the dining table and stares at the plates of food in front of him, giving Sukuna some time to cool down before he carefully enters the room, grabbing his clothes and heading into the shower. He doesn’t make eye contact, doesn’t even try to coax his boyfriend to try to diminish his burning anger.

When he comes out, he sees Sukuna standing in front of him. “I’m done.” The words send a cold wave of dread over him and Gojo freezes, water dripping from his hair and onto the floor in their deafening moment of silence.

It takes a moment for Gojo to respond. “Done with what?”

“You know what I’m talking about.” Sukuna sounds unamused, looks unamused.