Fault

Part 10 of the Curse Within Gojo series.
---

After the Shibuya incident, Gojo made sure Ryoumen Sukuna had been proclaimed as a hero and not the curse who's a calamity to humanity. Sukuna was the curse who saved Shibuya, hence he wasn't a threat anymore. That was why Uraume could stay at Jujutsu High, acting as Sukuna’s subordinate once again. After realizing that Sukuna had lost his memory in accordance with the fingers he had lost, Gojo was devastated, to say the least. He had wanted to give up, to let everything go on its course normally. It was for the best, he told himself, the first place Sukuna lost fourteen of his fingers was because of him. Moreover, a sorcerer shouldn't be with a curse, and that was what the new Sukuna thought too. Without their relationship in the way, Sukuna told Uraume to continue on with their preparations, whatever that was.

Long story short, they had managed to get Sukuna a new body with the help of Megumi, a body that looked completely the same as Yuuji’s. They made a copy of Yuuji’s body, separating the curse from his vessel. Gojo let them because there was nothing to worry about; he would keep Sukuna in check. But just for precautions, Sukuna wasn't to leave the school grounds without a special grade sorcerer following him.

Sukuna wasn't pleased with that.

Sukuna fought with Gojo, in which the sorcerer won in just five seconds. Sukuna was fuming and it broke Gojo’s heart to see him like that. The hurtful words that spouted from Sukuna’s mouth, the clear anger that Sukuna directed at him — it hurt. Gojo started thinking about how did things go so horribly wrong for them and in the end, he reached a conclusion.

Gojo Satoru didn't deserve to be loved.

First it was Suguru, now Sukuna. Everything just proved that every relationship of his would end up as a disaster.

“...Did you regret it, Sukuna?”
“No.”

His chest tightened every time the memory flashed across his mind. In the end, Sukuna hadn't regretted it. Even if he ended up dying, he wouldn't change anything about their relationship. He wanted to be with Gojo, no matter what, but Gojo didn't know if he still felt the same way.

Is this what Sukuna had wanted?

No, no it wasn't, Gojo knew that much.

“There is only one person that I trust in this world.”

It wasn't Gojo, Gojo was sure of it, but what if, what if Sukuna did trust him in the end? Sukuna trusted Gojo to find his fingers for him, to bring him back, but what Gojo brought back wasn't his Sukuna. It wasn't the Sukuna that would look and touch him with tender fondness, it wasn't the Sukuna that would kiss him on the lips and call him a fool.

Now this Sukuna, this Sukuna acted like he wanted to kill him, and Gojo knew it wasn't just acting. Sukuna really wanted to kill him, even more than before. Gojo doesn't know what to do. His brain tells him to let go, but his heart tells him otherwise.

“He died for you and you won't even try?”

That was what Megumi had said to him when he didn't make any move to fix things even a week after Sukuna got his new body. Megumi was right, there was still hope for him. At least Sukuna was still alive, even though he had lost the memories of their time together. Gojo could still fix things, it wasn't too late. If Sukuna didn't regret it, then neither should he.

That was why two days later, Gojo placed a plate of grilled beef in front of the curse. Ever since Uraume had stayed with them, Sukuna’s every meal had been prepared by the curse user so when today's chef turned out to be Gojo, Sukuna cocked an eyebrow at him. Gojo ignored the look the curse was sending him and sat down opposite of him, flashing him a bright smile.