Chapter Twenty-One

After breakfast, Serenity was walking to her room when Lucas called her. "Yes, bro?" she asked.

"Thank you, Sera. Thank you for bringing Violet to me. I can grant you whatever you want," he said with a smile. Violet stood beside him with a smile on her face. She was thankful to Serenity for taking the pain and bringing her here to Lucas. 

Serenity smiled with sadness in her eyes that she had always hidden from everyone's eyes. "You know what I want, Lucas. I will always want it no matter how many years pass by. I might never love again," she said and walked away. 

"What does she want, Lucas? Give her?" said Violet. 

Lucas nodded. "Yes, I think I've wronged her. She has always loved my best friend, Alexander Dawson. Alexander has a notorious reputation and I didn't want Sera to fall for him and have her heart broken. We parted ways five years back after a vicious fight. We haven't contacted each other after that. But maybe I will, now. It's the only thing Sera wants from me," he said with a sigh.

The whole family went to the wedding store to get their dresses and tuxedos. Lucas's mom had called Tyler's family. Tyler's dad, Ethan Parker, and his mom, Amanda Parker came along with Tyler's wife, River, and sister Carmella.  

After the brief introductions, they all tried on different dresses and suits. After River cleared the misunderstanding between the two brothers, Tyler called up and apologized to Lucas. They had patched up their differences and bonded just like before. 

Lucas called his best friend, Alexander Dawson after five years of being away. He announced his wedding and asked about Alexander's whereabouts. Alexander was in San Francisco and could fly down to attend the wedding. The two friends apologized to each other and patched up. Feeling better, they made their purchases and to the marriage bureau to get their license.  They all returned home and Lucas's mom made arrangements for the actual wedding ceremony and a dinner afterward for the family and close friends. 

The twins were too excited to get tuxedos. They ran around checking out the dinner menu, and the cocktail menu as well as the decor. Liam bonded well with them and they played together, stealing ice cream in between. 

Violet was whisked away to Serenity's room to get her ready much to Lucas's disappointment. "Why can't she get ready in my room, Mom?" protested Lucas.  

"Give her a break, Lucas. Let her get ready in peace. You will get her after the ceremony. Won't you?" said his mom, frustrated with his impatient attitude. 

Lucas grumbled and walked off towards his room to sulk. Alexander called to inform that he had reached Las Vegas airport and he would pick up a black tuxedo for himself on the way, matching with Lucas's black tuxedo. 

Violet was given a beauty bath and Aunt Estelle had arrived with her attendants to get the bridal party ready. River, Carmella, and Serenity were the bridesmaids with Serenity being the maid of honour. Lucas's mom and Tyler's mom looked into the preparations. 

"Sera, Lucas has called Alexander today. He's on his way to attend our wedding, " informed Violet. Serenity's breath hitched and she looked at Violet with disbelief. 

"Is he?" she asked restlessly. Violet nodded at her. Serenity couldn't concentrate on anything after hearing the news of Alexander's visit. It had been five long years since she last saw him. She wondered what he did for a living now. The last time she saw him, he was at an illegal underground fight club, boxing with his bare knuckles for money. 

Her parents loved him as a person but Lucas couldn't accept her feelings for Alexander. She never could confess her feelings to her parents out of fear of rejection. She sighed heavily and went about her task of getting Violet ready. 

Violet's hair was done up in a romantically half updo with tendrils falling and framing her face. Her makeup was kept subtle and minimal. They fixed her ethereal off-shoulder lace trimmed dress with sheer long sleeves, a sheath silhouette, sweeping train with a high side slit. They fixed a lace-trimmed veil to match and handed her a bouquet of red and white roses mixed with hydrangeas and ferns.

Violet wore the heart pendant that Lucas gave her. Lucas's mom came in to check the progress. She saw Violet and kissed her forehead. 

"You're looking very beautiful, dear. Wear this,  it belonged to Lucas's grandmother.  She asked me to hand it to Lucas's wife before passing away. She loved Lucas dearly," said his mom, opening a box, taking out diamond teardrop earrings, and fixing them to her ears. She took out a matching bracelet and fixed it on her wrist. 
"Now, you look complete."

"Thank you, Mom," said Violet, and Lucas's mom patted her cheek and went away. The whole bridal party was ready and the marriage officiant would arrive in any minute. 

"Are you ready? Take a deep breath," said River and Violet did as instructed to calm her jumpy nerves. 

Eric Parker came into her room and smiled at her. "Let's go, Violet. It's time. The officiant is here," he said escorting her out of the room. The bridal party followed her out.

Violet's heart thundered in her chest as she waited to be united with her Lucas forever. She was glad that God had at last granted her wish and she could have her happily ever after with the man of her dreams. 

Serenity walked in a daze, looking all around her as if searching for someone. Violet knew that she was looking for her only love. Alexander Dawson. 

Even after five years she still loved Alexander and Violet prayed that she too found happiness with Alexander.