Epilogue

They went to the main building, where a small banquet hall was decorated with flowers and balloons. They chose a wall to serve as the altar, with sheer drapes and lavender floral decorations. The white decorations of the altar table against the lavender flowers made it stand out in contrast. Chairs were placed in front of the altar for the small number of guests invited at such short notice. 

The officiant was already waiting there, along with Lucas and a tall, handsome, muscular man. Violet's eyes met Lucas's as they stared at each other from across the banquet hall. He looked even more handsome in his black tuxedo and white shirt. He had a red rose with a fern boutonniere. Time stood still for the two of them. To Violet, it was a fairytale wedding, a dream come true, and she gazed at her Prince Charming with awe. He winked at her as if he knew what was going on in her mind.

Violet blushed and looked away while Lucas gazed at his beautiful bride with an enraptured look on his face. He hadn't expected her to forgive him so soon. She was so pure, so innocent that she readily came over forgetting everything else. He was lucky to have her in his life.

The twins came with Liam and Tyler. They were the ring-bearers, looking extremely smart and handsome in their black tuxedos. They came to hug Violet and she kissed their foreheads. Liam and Tyler were the groomsmen and chuckled at some joke they cracked. 

The moment Serenity walked into the room, she was agitated to see the man next to Lucas. From her behavior, it was obvious to Violet who the man was. Alexander Dawson. 

The bridal procession started with the twins leading and the bridesmaids and the groomsmen following them to the music. At last, she took a deep breath and walked to the altar towards her groom escorted by Eric Parker. 

He handed her to Lucas and the wedding ceremony started. Violet and Lucas stood through the ceremony and became one in the eyes of God. The lighting of the unity candle ceremony was over and the newlyweds posed for photographs.

Serenity stuck to her and the twins to avoid all interaction with Alexander. She could feel his piercing gaze upon her wherever she went. It had been five years and she wasn't sure if he had any feelings for her. He never even loved her like she did. Maybe he was married. She didn't know.  The dinner was delicious and everyone enjoyed themselves except Serenity. 

Lucas pulled his wife to his body in a close dance. "Tonight's our wedding night. Are you ready for me?" he asked her, his eyes dark and dilated.

"Yes," she whispered. 

"I've missed you so much," he confessed, although it had been just a few hours that he had been away from her.

"Me too," she answered shyly. 

They danced together, lost in each other when Alexander pulled Serenity to himself for a dance. 

"How long will you keep running from me?' he asked her, his hand holding her arm in a rough grip. 

"You're hurting me, Lex," she whispered, looking at his vice-like grip on her.

She looked up at his sharp intake of breath. She forgot to breathe as she stared into his intense orbs. "Stay away from Logan Rush or I'll murder him, " he said, almost in a whisper. 

She gaped at him wordlessly. Logan Rush was her colleague at Parker Suites who executed the interior designs that she advised. He was very professional and they shared a good work rapport. She didn't have any interest in him and neither did he. He was engaged to marry in a month. 

Alexander left her and walked away abruptly towards his friend Lucas and his wife.

"Won't you introduce me to your lovely wife Luke?" he asked. 

Lucas grinned and wrapped an arm around Violet. "Meet my wife, Violet. Violet this is my best friend, Alexander Dawson," he introduced. 

"Hello, Alexander, pleased to meet you," she said, shaking his hand. 

"Enough," said Lucas, pulling her hand out of his hold.

"Possessive much?" asked Alexander with a grin.

Lucas grinned too and they all talked for some more time. The toasts and speeches were over followed by the cake-cutting ceremony. The evening came to an end much to Lucas's satisfaction. Alexander sought out Serenity before leaving. 

Lucas picked up Violet and escaped the party, carrying her to his bedroom, in his own building. He strode inside effortlessly with her in his arms as if she didn't weigh a thing, and kicked his door shut. Depositing her on his bed, he followed her there and stared at her with desire-filled eyes. Violet gazed back at her husband, her eyes reflecting the love he felt too.

"I love you, Violet,  thanks for being there in my life. I wouldn't have lasted long without you," he whispered, caressing her soft cheeks. 

"I love you too, Lucas. I'm glad I came here," she replied back. 

"Are you happy?" he asked.

"Very," she said and he claimed her lips. He was glad that she allowed him into her world, that she let him love her. 

After ten days, they flew back to their beach house in Santa Monica, LA with the twins. Life was complete and they couldn't ask for anything more. The twins started going to school and Violet concentrated on taking care of her family and starting her bakery. 

Thus started their journey of true love and understanding, passion and endurance, happiness and faith in an eternal union that was destined for them. There's no greater gift of God than being able to unite with the one you love and be able to live with him forever and ever.

‐----------------

Check out Alexander and Serenity's amazing and heart-wrenching love story, Forbidden To Love. It is a published story on Amazon (Kindle and Paperback).