𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 |nine

"Oh, [Y/N]." A familiar voice tutted, "[Y/N], [Y/N], [Y/N]."

You sighed, eyes taking in your environment. You were back in your bedroom- an imitation of your bedroom, actually. Everything was similar, even the way you kept your pillows on the bed and the little stain on the edge of your carpet from when Solar dropped her paint.

The only reason you could tell was because your door and windows were missing. Instead of them, the wall continued on with no exits nor entrances in sight.

"I can you're in a bit of a pickle." A familiar dark essence spoke without bothering to hide the amusement in his voice. It was the incubus.

Somehow, he had managed to break into your dreams once more. "I could help you come up with a solution?"

"Don't bother." You replied sharply, eyes narrowing at the silhouette standing at the edge of the room. He shifted in place, as though he was trying to move closer but too cautious to do so.

"Stop being difficult, [Y/N]." You heard him speak once more,  "The pros outweigh the cons. You get to escape this place, avoid getting married to those weirdos, and also change your mother's mind about the whole king's blade business." He explained it like he was talking to a child, "There are basically no cons at all-"

"How do you have all this information?" You interrupted him, genuinely bothered with how much details the incubus had, "Are you stalking me?"

"I literally appear in your dreams, what do you think?" He taunted, you could imagine he had a smug expression on his face as he said that.

You purses your lips, thinking. The incubus wasn't even a little bit trustworthy. Sure, the little research you did after the last incident let you know that they always fulfill promises, but it also let you find out that once they take a person's virginity, that person is tied to them eternally. It was a system where an incubus or succubus take as many virgins as they can in order to advance socially, because it increases their strength. You didn't really understand how taking someone's virginity could make them stronger, but you did understand that once they take someone's virginity  they would always come back to the person and that when they die, the person dies with them. "I'm declining your offer. Again. Leave me alone."

"Huh." It seemed like he was expecting that answer, "If you change your mind, call me out."

"Yeah, sure." You said with a roll of your eyes, "The next time I see myself 'in a bit of a pickle', I'll just shout out 'creepy man that haunts my dreams and i'm pretty sure is stalking me, help!'. Sound good?"

The moment you finished your sentence, you found yourself lying in the soft elven bed. Did the incubus reply leave you with such a long calling card?

"Ah!" You exclaimed, after feeling a burning sensation on your left palm. When you turned your hand over to take a look, you saw a calligraphed S inscription into your palm. It disappeared after a few seconds. Turns out he didn't leave you with a long calling card, invoking him had to do with the S- but he never told you how to.

You sit up and view your surroundings. It was still the room you first woke up in, the books F'thsehime left on the bedside table were not untouched since it's already been a few weeks. You were almost finished, actually. The elves loved a routine life. In the first few days, early every morning Novae would come in with your breakfast then spend the next few hours apologizing. Now, they takes you with them to explore their kingdom as they do their chores. You tried convincing them to either let you escape or contact your brother, it never worked.

Some hours after they left, Kejir would come in with lunch. "Don't think you've beaten me just because you caught me off guard once." He would say. Every day.

Kejir liked to talk about himself, so gaining any useful information from him was impossible.

Lastly, F'thsehime would come with your dinner at night time. He would discuss the books he left you and also answered any questions you had about elven society.

"So, how exactly does one get through an elf's barrier?" You asked mid-conversation one time. F'thsehime smiled knowingly, then fixed his spectacles.

"How curious." He was clearly amused, "I'm sure you might figure that out in a few days yourself," He gestured to the heap of books- you haven't even read half. "With your progress, it won't be too long until you figure out all our 'tricks'. Goodluck."

Obviously, he was too smart to fall for your bait, but his answer gave you the motivation you needed to start studying the books he left you with more vigor.

Today, you had somehow fallen asleep after exploring the kingdom with Novae. That's the only time you're allowed out of your bedroom, so you burn a lot of energy.

"Awake?" You heard Kejir's voice from a doorway, "You almost missed lunch, you should be glad I came back to check."

"Good afternoon, Kejir. How was work?"

"Hm." He hummed, his eyes instantly filed with pride. "As you know, the wedding is fast approaching. So I've increased security around AND inside the walls." You sat up in attention and he noticed.

"You don't have to worry about any outsiders ambushing us, or any of the people rioting on our wedding day."

You gritted your teeth, "How nice." Despite Kejir lacking in the brains department, he was a complete genius when it came to battle and defense. If he really increased security, then your hopes of someone from outside helping you escape would be completely extinguished.  Thanks to all his bragging, you've learnt that even the King of Fae, who could be considered a master at all magic types, actually visits Kejir for defense magic advice on a regular.

"When is the wedding, again?" You have been calculating how close the wedding would be with your progress at reading the books, but that wasn't accurate.

"You seriously don't know?" He scoffed, as he dropped the plate he brought you on the bedside table that didn't have books. "The wedding is in two weeks, obviously."

"Two weeks!" You jumped up to your feet. "Why the rush? I've been here for two weeks and the wedding is in two weeks? That's a month!" You moved closer to Kejir, who instantly took a step back.

"You think you've been here for two weeks? Wow, you humans really do have a shitty sense of time." Kejir mocked.

"What?" Shitty sense of time? What was he on about? "How long have I been here, then?" You asked, he shrugged. Obviously, he was finding the whole situation amusing.

"Kejir. Answer me." You forced him to answer, "How long have I been here?"

"You have been in our kingdom for four months now, [Y/N]" He blurted out, then slapped a hand over his mouth. "Stop compelling me! You weren't supposed to know that!" You ignores Kejir's complaints and pushed yourself towards a few books you've read before.

After pushing some out of the way, you found the one you were searching for. You flipped to a page, as your brain blocked out Kejir's ranting in the background.

"The King of Light managed to accomplish something others deemed impossible. He learned an old magical art that many thought to be a myth, He learned to manipulate the flow of time. And His kingdom is one place that serves as proof of His otherwise impossible feat."

You didn't understand the paragraph when you first read it, and F'thsehime dodged answering when you asked him about it. But, now, you've finally discovered that the Elven king from centuries ago really touched the wheels of time.