𝖑𝖚𝖈𝖆𝖘 |two

"I'll give you two a chance to speak in private." Your mother announced and before you could decline, she walked out of the room.

Lucas took a seat on one of the sofas, making himself comfortable as though he was a member of the family, "This placed hasn't changed much." He commented, a small smile on his face.

You scowled, still standing, your fists tight with rage. "What are you doing here?" You demanded a reply.

He didn't look shocked that you were being so hostile, it was exactly as he expected. "I was sure you knew, I'm here to marry you, [Y/N]."

  "What are you hoping to gain from this?" You finally took a seat  the one farthest from him. You were still angry at the man before you, so you knew not to trust his intentions before even knowing what they were.

Lucas sighed, "I'm just trying to help you. I know you think getting married to me is a horrible thing, but at least it's better that getting married to a stranger with impure intent."

"At this point, I'd trust a stranger over you."

He was slightly shocked you said that out loud, his lips slightly parted and his eyes were wide for half a second before he covered up his surprise with boisterous laughter.

A huge smile made it's way onto his face, "I always loved the way you spoke to people you can't tolerate, I never thought I'd be on the receiving end."

You knew Lucas's smile was fake because you could see the upper right corner of his lip twitch slightly, something only someone who knew him too personally would know.

When you didn't reply, he let out another sigh, the fake smile finally dropping off his face.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]. I shouldn't have left like that." He spoke in a soft voice after about two whole minutes of silence. He pulled the collar of his turtle neck slightly higher, seemingly uncomfortable in his own skin.

It was true. When you were a child, long before Solar was even in the picture, you and Lucas were practically inseparable.

That was, until he left abruptly when you both were eleven. You only saw him again when you were thirteen, and he treated you as though you were insignificant. The last time you heard of him was a letter you got from your brother stating you were listed as Lucas's emergency contact on his application for the king's blades about a year later.

"I know I have no apology for that but, five years ago, when I saw you, I didn't know how to react." He shifted in his seat, eyes refusing to meet mine, "I knew you heard of what happened to my family."

Your glare softened after those words left his lips, "I hoped you didn't recognize me, but when you approached, I panicked so I just-"

He pretended to not know who you were. He looked right at you, questioned if he knew you and walked past.

Lucas finally looked up to meet your gaze, "I want to make it up to you, [Y/N], please. Marry me."

Your breath caught in your throat, you couldn't look away from Lucas's determined eyes and fortunately, at that moment someone walked into the room.

"Lucas." Your older brother, Matteo, spoke with a frown on his face. "I thought you'd be smarter, and take my offer." He spoke, not even once sparing a glance at you.

The green eyed man in the black turtle neck brushed his equally black hair back, as he laughed humourlessly, his head slightly tilting backwards as well.

When Lucas was done laughing, his eyes went towards your brother, "Ah, Matteo, how kind of you to join us."

You looked between the two older men, obviously confused, "What are you talking about? What offer-" You kept quiet when Matteo raised one finger, which he usually did whenever he wanted you to shut up.

Unfortunately, Lucas noticed this exchange and spoke before Matteo did. "I'd appreciate if you didn't keep my bride silent, brother in law." He stood up, walking closer to Matteo.

Matteo straightened himself to seem taller, but that didn't seem of much use, especially because Lucas was about a foot taller than your dear brother.

You knew if this went on, the two men would rip each other's heads off. Naturally, you didnt want to witness such a scene, so you decided to stop them.

"Lucas." You barely voiced, and both men's heads snapped towards you like mouse traps that sensed movement. "Let's stroll through the garden." Not looking back to see if he was following behind, you walked out the door, almost brushing past Matteo in the process.

Once you made it to the garden, Lucas spoke almost instantly from behind you. "Have you decided yet?" You ignored him, taking a deep breath of the fresh air.

You forgot how much Lucas and Matteo disliked one another, ever since the lot of you were children.

Matteo loved being the hero in your life when you were kids, and when Lucas showed up, Matteo instantly saw him as competition. But, you had no idea why Lucas also hated Matteo.

"Listen, Lucas." You started, stopping in your tracks and turning to face him, "I dont even want to get married. Especially not to you."

He nodded, "After the wedding, it'd be like I'm not even in your life, if that's what you want."

"What I'm saying is, once I convince my mother, there will be no wedding."

Lucas looked at you as though you had grown an extra head, "[M/N] is definitely not changing her mind, [Y/N]." He walked closer to you, leaned down to come face to face with your shorter frame and spoke once more.

"I'll let you think about it." Lucas smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder, which you surprisingly didn't shake off.

He moved away just as your mother walked into the garden, "Matteo told me I would find you here." She announced, giving Lucas a soft smile.

"I was about to leave." He told her, returning a similar smile. Your mother looked over to you next, her smile dropping, "How about you return to your room, [Y/N]. I would like to speak with Lucas here for a moment."

Your eyes slightly narrowed at that, you wondered what she wanted to speak about with Lucas as you walked back to your room.

You usually slept in on sundays so you were exhausted already, it was only twelve pm, so you could take a nap if you wanted. You certainly did.

The moment your back hit the soft mattress of your bed, you let out a sigh of content, eyes fluttering close in satisfaction. Before you knew it, you were entrapped beneath the soft hands of a light slumber.