𝖏𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖊 |six

You thought you looked rather graceful. You've only ever been to a formal event once, when you were a toddler- you weren't sure what exactly you were meant to wear, but you had some ideas from a few movies you've watched.
A cream lace dress was quite simple but perfect for an event like this, you looked beautiful but not enough to stand out in a room filled with women dressed elegantly like you did. It would make you blend in easily.

Your makeup was simple as well- you went for a no makeup look and pulled it off effortlessly. Your jewelry consisted of a pretty necklace and matching earrings. You looked at yourself in the mirror, quite satisfied with what you were seeing.
After wearing another coat of lipgloss, you picked up a matching purse and walked out of the bedroom you picked before any of the men had a chance to- it was the biggest. Your feet came to a stop before you could continue any further, you heard something. A whisper, so low you wouldn't have heard it if you were thinking about anything at the moment.

"Of course I'm not stupid enough to blabber just anything to [Y/N], I still have my head with me. As long as you don't tell her, I won't." That was Lucas's voice, sounding slightly aggrieved.
The next voice that reached your ears, you were sure was your brother's. "Then we must shake on it." You were certain they made some sort of deal and this 'her' they mentioned was most definitely yourself. You wondered what secret they had, but dropped it.

You wouldn't want them all up in your business so you will not insert yourself into theirs.

"Are you ready yet?" You asked Lucas as you finally continued walking, it looked like you had just stepped out of the room. After you announced your presence, your brother and self-proclaimed fiancé looked up simultaneously. They were both wearing very fancy suits, Lucas was standing proudly in a dark gray tuxedo while Mattias was in a black three piece suit for some odd reason.

"Yes, I am. Shall we?" Mattias replied first, despite the question not even directed to him. You watched him, unsure.

After he noticed your odd glance, he spoke to clear away any confusion. "A friend gave me an invite." He showed you the fancy piece of paper to back up his claim. It was very odd that he somehow received the invite less than twenty four hours to the event, especially since you knew your brother didn't really have any friends- he was far too unpleasant to be around.

You could still remember how friendly Mattias was when he was younger. At age nine he was probably the most liked child in all your kingdom, but then he fell sick. For months, he was bedridden. He was in an intensive care unit, all alone and you didn't see him for what seemed like a year.
You finally saw your brother again, when your father decided to bring him home to recover, instead of the hospital. His skin was covered in blotches, he could barely breathe and open his eyes, he seemed much smaller than you remembered, and he was disoriented most of the time. Despite that, he would smile at you whenever he did recognize you. The image of his lips- which were tinted blue due to his health- curving into a reassuring smile whenever your brother was aware never left your brain.

This was how it was for a few days until you weren't allowed to go see him anymore. And when he came back after that, almost a year later- fully recovered, like he never went through such an ordeal before- he looked as bright and lovely as he did before he was ill. But he didn't run up to you and hug you like he would have previously done, instead he looked at you with eyes filled with so much disdain you wondered if this was really the brother you knew. After that day, he slowly lost all his friends and spent all his time studying under your father.

Naturally, you found it unbelievable he had a friend that would invite him to an exclusive event on such short notice, even so he might've actually made some friends who liked him the way he was so you smiled gladly. Before you could speak again, Lucas decided to.