●○ Chapter 8 ○●

TW
⚠️Graphic and gory descriptions⚠️

Having the ability to see the deceased wasn't as easy as the young girl made it look.

The figures she's seen weren't always fun haired best friends or helpful companions. Murderous telekinetic dead villans was far form the girls big bag of bad experiences.

By the time she was 10 she'd have seen horribly contoured, beaten, ripped brused figures that were enough to make a little girl feel the need to grasp for an escape. Any escape.

A little girl with her face half burnt half clawed off in a pretty pink old time-ie dress would appear in mirrors.

Fitting the reason all the mirrors around y/n's house had a sheet over the edge just in case she ever needed to block the mental image or sometimes the little girl herself out

A man who seemed perfectly normal from the head down but flaunted a flat skull. Smashed like a pancake blood and brains lathered on like syrup.

The 'figures' didn't always followed human anatomy eaither. Y/n would often, way to often for a young, sacred child would see cryptids and monsters which she could only describe was 'pure terror'

Tall lanky figures in the dark with twinkling bright eyes who would for a majority of time have there backs facing the child, would unsuspectingly bend back an almost complete 180° creating the sounds of there torso cracking and twisting before the ran full speed at the screeming child.

Eyeless floating wispy creatures that could slip in through the cracks of the closet door the girl would be found often hiding behind, shivering and shaking, pale covered in sweat and dried tear streaked which seem to have permanently stained she soft cheeks

Y/n spend loads of her childhood in therapy. Trying out new councelers and medication every week.

Noting worked. Noting stuck

It was her quirk was it not. It was suposed ti be a part of her yet it felt like a musty damp shadow she was forced to drag along. The pointy needles digging into her ankels as she carried it alone.

It was finally when she was 13 when Y/n got medication that would help her.

Every so often Y/n would think about all the terrifying things she grew up seeing. Never geing over the fear as she still to this day lived with it. Now just having a bit more control

She still woke up crying and screaming in the middle of the night. She still hid in her closet. She Stull sometimes stood on the roof top. Contemplating the cost of her desperation for escape.

Y/n realized the happy, fun, snarky personality that she puts up is a complete ruse. She knows the numbness she really feels. The empty husk replicating the same blank faced reaction with delivery of every news let it be happy of sad.

She had come to terms with the fact that there was never and will never be

Any escape