What Almost Was (Preview)

Frisk POV

    I sat in the booth impatiently waiting to hear what Sans has to say about the kiss that almost was. I started to feel a knot building in my throat. Why isn't he saying anything?, I thought to myself. The silence between us seemed to go on for ages as I watched Sans sort through his staring down at his hands resting on the table. I am just about to speak up when he finally looks at me, "We can't do this", he says finally. My heart sinks. I sit for a moment, "what do you mean"?

"I mean we can't do this", he says firmly. I don't blink. I don't even know what to say. We have spent the last month building this tension that led to nothing. Or maybe it was me. Was I only making a fool of myself thinking there could be something between us? Is it because he sleeps all the time (for some reason) he thinks he'd lose sleep because of me?  I stood up with my head facing the floor so that Sans would see the tears forming in my eyes. "Yea you're right we shouldn't..". I begin to walk towards the diner door when I felt a hand grab my wrist, turning around I see Sans looking at me confused. "Are you sure?" he asked. I nodded and lightly shook my wrist free and continued on towards the exit. 

I started to walk fast which turned into jogging (not the kind in kissing booth) and the jogging turned to running. I felt the tears run down my face burning from embarrassment. I blocked everything out not realizing I ran all the way home.  

{A/N: Hello! I wanted to continue on with the series earlier this year but wasn't able to. I hope you enjoy the preview for the next chapter <3 }