1.

Freya looked at him, his glasses straight on his nose. He stood straight up and his green coloured suit finished the look. She sighed, trying to struggle free from the ropes that tied her hands together. Edward Nygma chuckled lightly, his gaze never lowering or wandering away from Freya's face, "You can't loosen those ropes up. I made sure of that." Freya frowned, anger sparking inside her very core. If she was going to die, she would go down fighting.

Edward looked at the piece of paper on an orange crate, "Did you know your last name has one letter off from Detective Gordon's? It's interesting. If I hadn't looked at your birth certificate, I would have thought you two were related." He chuckled again. His smile resting on his face. Longer than the chuckle lasted. He turned around and Freya pulled her legs free. She felt some muscles protest and as the adrenaline rushed through her veins, she knocked Edward out cold. Freya snorted at the unconscious body at her feet, "Pathetic, you're supposed to be a crook?" Freya managed to cut the rope around her wrists and left for the exit.

As she walked outside, she realized she was at the Gotham Harbor. Freya groaned and dropped what was left of the chair. She walked away from the water and the harbour, only to spot a car. Next to it were two women. Freya ran up to them and said, "You have to help me! Call Detective Gordon. There's a mad man inside that container, and he kidnapped me." The woman with the long dark ponytail looked at her, grabbed the whip attached to her pants, and swung it around Freya's neck. She pulled at the whip, forcing Freya to walk closer, who now realized the two women had been in on it. Ponytail smiled down at Freya and pressed a pressure point near her neck.

Freya's world turned black and as she lost consciousness, she vaguely heard the man from before say: "Sweet dreams, miss Gorgon."

Later that day...

Freya woke up to the smell of freshly made coffee. She sat up in the bed she had been asleep in and looked around. The flat looked like it could use a renovation: chipped paint covered the walls, the rooms were dusty, and some doors had holes in them. Freya heard someone clearing their throat, and in a few seconds she was out of the bed and standing next to it, ready to fight. As she looked at the same man from before, who was now holding a coffee mug, Freya relaxed. She looked at what she was wearing and gasped in horror. Her head snapped towards him, "You changed my clothes?!" Edward Nygma put the coffee mug down, "I couldn't let you sleep in the clothes you were wearing. They were dirty. So I changed your clothes. But don't worry. I haven't seen anything." Except for my underwear, Freya thought. She looked down at the nightgown again and back at him before walking towards the coffee mug, "Is it poisoned?" Edward snorted, as if he would stoop that low. Oswald may use poison at times, but he? He preferred to play a game, and this game was far more interesting. Freya sipped from the coffee and sat down at the table. Edward sat down across from her and said, "Your investigation needs to stop. If you don't stop looking for the answers, I will have to kill you." Freya glanced at him, "I'm a cop. What do you expect me to do? Just leave it alone? No. I can't do that." Edward sighed, "In that case... I killed Kristen Kringle. I loved her, I didn't want to kill her." Freya looked at the now empty mug. She stood up and walked out of the room. Edward followed her, "Killing people is what drove me to the edge. Of course, that's not the only reason. ... However, Kristen was someone I cared about. Yet I killed her in my flat." He grabbed Freya by her arm and pushed her against the wall. She gasped in surprise. Edward looked at her, "She wore a night gown just like that. I placed my hand around her throat and one over her mouth. If I remember correctly, I even made sure she couldn't breathe through her nose." Edward tightened his grip on Freya's neck, who struggled to break free. She felt every airway close and tried gasping for air as Edward's mouth turned into a smile. Freya still struggled until her body went numb. Edward held her unconscious body in his arms, "When she died, I held her like this. I'm sad you had to die, miss Gorgon. I liked you. I guess you're one riddle I can't solve."

He stood up with her body in his arms and laid her back on the bed. He grabbed everything else with him and left her alone.

Once Edward was out of the room, he ripped off the fake hand prints on his hands and put them in his pocket. He walked to the car waiting for him and got inside. As he looked up at the window where he knew Freya was laying on the bed, his eyes widened. There she was, Freya Gorgon. Standing in the window and looking straight at him. Her eyes were ice-cold and glowed a light blue. As the glow faded away, the car drove to its destination.

Not a minute later, the GCPD arrived. Finding Freya in a state of shock. As Jim and Harvey tried to get her to talk, other officers dusted the room for prints. When Freya did speak, she said: "The Riddler... the riddler." Jim sat down on the bed next to her, calming her down.

"The riddler... the riddler... he - he froze me in time." Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock exchanged looks before Harvey nodded and walked outside the room. There was one person that could help them, and he knew where she was. As Harvey dialled the number and waited for that person to pick up, he glanced at his partner and Freya. When he heard the familiar voice, he said: "Lark? It's me, we need your help."