The ribbon.

After the tournament, Wei ying was walking alone, until someone called him, and grabbed his attention.
"Wei Gongzi."
"Oh! Wen ning!"
"Yea Wei Gongzi. Thanks.......for helping me with my archery."
"Hey, the word thanks is not in my dictionary. Friends help friends."
"I'm your friend?"
"Why not! A stranger is a friend once you start talking to them." Wei ying adds.
"Hah, you're really kind." Wen ning stated.
"Well, you aren't tough like the Wens. How?"
"I don't fight. My sister won't allow me to. Also my sister and I are physicians."
"Oh I see."
"Yep, so where are you heading?"
"First I want to compliment Lan zhan, then I'm going to dive." Wei ying replied. "I'm going to meet a special someone."
"May I ask, who are you going to meet?"
"Promise not to tell anyone!"
"Promise."
"I think a merman is in love with me." Wei ying said.
"Oh merman!! I know about them! W.....well my sister do." Wen ning stated.
"Really?!"
"She has books on merfolk. There was this time when she was into marine mythology. You know, with the water dragons and spirits?"
"Wow! Can she teach me about them! I want to know about their nature. Their likes and dislikes."
"Sure. But she kind of doesn't trust other people so it might be hard."
"Please ask her for me!"
"I will, Gongzi."

On the other side, two voices filled the air.
"A-ning!!!!!! Where are you????!!! A-ning!!!"
"Wei Wuxian!!! Wei Wuxian!!!"
"A-ning!!"
"Wei Wuxian!"
As expected, Jiang cheng and Wen qing bumped into each other, and Jiang cheng accidentally hit her shoulder.
"Can't you not watch where you're going!!" Jiang cheng exclaimed.
"At least I'm born with eyes, unlike you!" Wen qing replied.
Then when Jiang cheng looked at her face, his cheeks became flushed with red. "I'm sorry, Miss Wen."
"Do I look old to you?! I'm not Miss Wen."
"It's for respect."
"Well call me Lady Wen at least."
"Ok ok fine! Have you seen my troublesome brother?"
"Um no. I'm looking for my brother. I don't have any time to looks for yours."
"Grumpy Wen." He walked away.
"Sour grape." Wen qing went the opposite direction.
"Got to go! My sister is calling." Wen ning left.
"Bye! See ya tomorrow!!"

"Wei Wuxian, there you are!"
"Always, Jiang cheng." Wei ying winked. "I was talking to Wen ning."
"Oh the brother of that crab apple."
"You mean Wen qing? Awwwww you got a nickname for her. I see."
"Is there a day in your life when you're not disgusting." Jiang cheng roles his eyes.
"Ahahahahaha. If I don't tease you, who would?! Huh? Boredom will drive you crazy."
"Right now, you're driving me crazy."
"That's healthy. Very healthy." Wei ying laughed. "Anyways, I'm going for my daily dive."
"Ok. But come back soon. You have to help me bake a cake. Well at least put frosting on it. I don't want you to blow up the cloud Recesses." Jiang cheng adds.
"Sure. And what if I do. My best friend Lan zhan will pardon me."
"He'll knock you into the next era." Jiang cheng sarcastically said.
"Oh look! Speaking of Lan zhan, there he is. See you soon."
"Go harass him, I don't care." He walked off.

"Hey, Lan zhan!" Wei ying confronted Lan zhan, who was heading somewhere.
"Go away."
"Lan zhan, what was that for?! I just want to tell you that you're a great archer. You were remarkable."
"Thanks."
"Why are you so busy today? Where are you going?"
"Somewhere."
"Never heard of that city." Wei ying chuckled.
"Wei ying. I forgot." Lan zhan took out Wei ying's tassel. "Here. I found it."
"Waw!! I was looking all over for this. Where did you find it?"
"It washed up. On shore." Lan zhan replied.
"Hmm, you're at the beach these days, huh?"
"To relax. Now here's your tassel."
"No Lan zhan, you can keep it. Jiang cheng is going to get a new one for me." Wei ying then went on his way.
"Wei ying." Lan zhan slightly smiled.

Later on, Wei ying was swimming with merman Wangji for the whole time. And as usual, it was a beautiful yet breathtaking experience. They held hands, and admired the various corals and marine life. Wangji however continued to hide his face with his hair and an ancient spell, yet their liking for one another was beyond looks. Hereafter Wangji took Wei ying to his hideaway cave pocket, which looked like a tiny shore that met a csve.
"Wow, so this is where you hide?!"
"Hm."
"Do you stay here, most of the time?"
"Hm."
"Hey you remind me of Lan zhan." Wei ying laughed.
"Your tail is beautiful! Can I touch it?"
"Hm.'
"Amazing!" He delicately touches it. "I'm so glad that I have met such a unique person."
After Wei ying admired his tail, Wangji made him face to he walls of the cave, as he decided to comb his fingers through his hair. Then he tied a red ribbon on Wei ying's ponytail.