1: The "End" of Nazarick

Yggdrasil.

First released in 2126, it was one of the first, but definitely the best DMMORPG in most of the world. With most of its player-base situated in Japan, it was massively popular for it's expansive world map and unusual amount of player freedom.

Ainz Ooal Gown.

One of the top guilds in Yggdrasil, known for consisting solely of non-humans. Consisting of 42 total members at the time of Yggdrasil's end. Also known for being the guild containing the 6th great one, The Moon.

Introduced in the initial release of the Year 11 patch, passionately called the "Scourge of Blood Update" by fans, Great Ones were 6 roles exclusively owned by one player each. If a Great One were to fail to check into the game for a certain amount of time, or fall to a rival party who challenged it, then the title and all benefits would be removed, including Dream and Nightmare domains, godly stats(that changed with the amount of Great Ones online, so one was most powerful when they were the only one of the six online), and control over Beasts and Kin, two types of monsters that spawned under new circumstances. In short, if a player or monster were afflicted by the 'Scourged' debuff, than upon next death, a new beast of appropriate power was spawned at the sight, while magic casters spawned the more powerful and fearsome Kin variants.

  You, Y/n L/n, were the 42nd member of Ainz Ooal Gown, and the holder of The Moon. You had originally began the game as a Lycanthrope. A werefox, to be specific. But upon the completion of the raid that led to your victory over the previous Moon's holder, your race was forcefully changed to match, and your body was bound in a dream world, with empty dolls you'd puppeteer being your method of interacting outside of the Dream, which you had singlehandedly forged into a replica of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, your home base. Now, the Nightmare of Nazarick stands as a powerful symbol of status to those who stood under the flag of Ainz Ooal Gown, only accessible by choice means.

  But. All that was to end in less than a day.

"Hey, there. It's been a really long time, Momonga." A purple slime-like player addressed two beings at a massive, round table. You had met this player before you joined Ainz Ooal Gown, but you weren't well acquainted.

"I didn't think that you'd come, Herohero." The first, an elder lich in massive dark robes that exaggerated his actual size, was the first to respond.

  "Thanks for coming. From what I hear, it's been two years since you arrived?" You asked. Your voice was resonating from a doll that sat motionless in a seat of it's own. The way they were designed would make even moving it take massive amounts of arcane power, a stat added separately from mana for more quick-paced, hands on combat instead of casting while off to the side.

  "It's been that long?" Herohero asked, surprised.

  "This is bad, I've been doing so much overtime lately that my concept of time is messing up."

  "Isn't that a pretty bad symptom?" Momonga asked the muddy looking guy.

  "My body?" Herohero lifted his arms, letting both others present see what he was.

  "It's completely worn out."

  "Woah..." You sighed, feeling for the comrade you didn't get to fight beside.

  "I'm sorry. I didn't come here just to complain." Herohero told the both of you.

  "Please don't worry about it." Momonga assured him, lifting a hand as a green smiley face emoticon appeared above his head.