5: Journey

The sun shone brightly o'er a grassy plain. Nearby, a river cut through the fields, separating them from a vast forest that sat on the opposite banks. Parallel to the current of the water was a dirt path, rose by a pharmacist in a wagon escorted by a group of adventurers.

"Mr. Peter?" The blonde haired pharmacist, Nphirea called.

"Yes?" The named adventurer responded, looking to the one who called him.

"Why don't we take a break around that area?" Nphirea asked, looking out at a small hill that jutted out over the stream. A beautiful sight, especially for you to behold.

  "Good idea. Mister Laurence?" He turned back to you for your opinion. You simply bowed your head in agreement.

  "He agrees, as do I." Momon stated as the caravan began to pull off the road, towards the designated rest area.

  It didn't take long for the horses to get unhooked and led to the River for a drink. As they drank to refresh themselves, Peter began to approach your still body.

  "Mr. Laurence, things will get a little dangerous from here." He warned you. You simply raised a hand, giving him a short nod. Your sword would suffice if anything happened, and in the worst case scenario, you had access to all your magic, unlike Ainz. You gave a short look to Nabe, who gave you a curt nod.

  "Hey, Nabe! Don't worry so much!" The blonde ranger Lukrut yelled out, still clearly infatuated.

  "There'll be no problem while I'm the eyes and ears of the team. Well, aren't I amazing?" He asked. You inwardly sighed, lightly annoyed. A man in love was not something you disliked, love really is one of the most powerful human emotions. Even you felt love for your subjects, and wished them the safest.

  What you disliked about Lukrut wasn't his advances towards Nabe, but his attempts to make himself look good just boasting about himself. You firmly believed that one should prove themself by physical action.

  "This Mosquito... Will you allow me to squash him, Mr. Laurence?" Nabe asked, her tone cold.

  "Jeez! You're as harsh as usual, Nabe!" Lukrut remarked, letting out a light laugh. After some time of silence, Ninya looked around.

"This area is the Wise King of the Forest's territory, right?" He asked.

"Wise King of the Forest?" Momon repeated.

"It's a mighty magical creature that has lived for hundreds of years. A silver four-legged beast that has the tail of a snake. It is wise and can use magic as well." Nphirea explained to him. Momon took a moment to ponder these words.

  "It would be interesting to meet such a creature." He decided.

  "You can do such things with magic?" Momon asked, curious. After a while, the horses were getting harnessed to the wagon once again, and the party prepped to leave.

  "Yes." Nphirea confirmed.

  "It's called creation magic. You can make things like salt and sugar. There is also magic like Alarm that warns you of nearby dangers..." He went on. Beside you, Momon hummed.

  The technology of this world was comparable to the Middle Ages. While barely admirable, their magic was instead sophisticated beyond belief. This magic was likely the reason the technology was almost primitive, but it was something you admired nonetheless.

  "Nabe, you always seem super composed." Also beside you, Nabe closed her eyes, clearly pissed off by Lukrut advancing on her again.

  "Is it because you believe in my eyes and ears, after all?" He asked.