4: Swords of Darkness

"For I am Charlie Le Sorcier." You finished reading aloud, closing the book you were reading. One of many books you had transcribed into your libraries before the closing of Yggdrasil, H.P. Lovecraft's The Alchemist. Ainz was elsewhere, likely going over reports from Aura.

  "Are you done reading, Lord Y/n?" Near you, one of the Pleiades, Lupusregina Beta leaned over, watching as the book you were reading was shut by use of a telekinesis spell.

  "For the time being. Have the books I'm owed arrived at Carne village yet?" You asked.

  "They sure have! We have a crew on their way to pick 'em up now!" She reported.

"Wonderful. Would you kindly make sure they are delivered to this library while I go see Momonga?"

"Sure thing, My Lord! You can count on me!" The lycanthrope bowed, before leaving the room. Something you had noted a while back was quite... curious. While the floor guardians, especially Shalltear and Albedo, showed more extreme loyalty and affection towards Ainz, the Pleiades were more happy, eager to please, or even sometimes affectionate towards you instead. You always were someone for the people.

"Lord Y/n." As Lupusregina walked out, Naberel Gamma, the doppelgänger, walked in.

"I supposed Good Momonga is ready for our departure." You told her. Naberel bowed in response.

"Your designated body has been dressed in your desired armor and armed with the Moonlight Greatsword, as you previously requested." She assured you.

"And the rings?" You asked.

"Under your gauntlets, My Lord."

"Many thanks, Dear Naberel. Please, go prepare, and I will meet you alongside Momonga."

For some context, you had agreed to go with Ainz and Naberel to the city of E-Rangel under the guise of fledgeling adventurers. Ainz had initially wanted you to stay and keep Nazarick safe, but immediately changed his mind upon remembering your ability to simply switch bodies and appear instantly in Nazarick, should the need arise. Now, three previously unseen figures were present in the city nearest to the Great Tomb.

A cheerful tavern filled with patrons, some drunken and other chatting away the noon fell silent at the sound of the doors opening to herald a few new arrivals. Many eyes watched as a massive figure in black armor with a red cape strode across the room, tailed by a much slimmer, somewhat shorter figure in silver, pointed armor with a black cloth draped over the right shoulder. The movements of this one were much more calculated, precise, like a soldier's march. And, behind both of these armored figure walked a pale, blue haired woman in a simple brown cloak.

As the trio walked across the room, met with silence and stares, the tavernkeep at the counter spoke up, listing his prices.

"A room? It's 5 bronze pieces with a night for three rooms. The meals..."

"I would like one room for three. We don't need any meals." The voice of Ainz spoke from under the black helmet. The tavernkeep hummed, looking at the copper plates that shined under the cloaks of all three adventurers.

"You're a copper plate, right?" He asked.

"Then, this place is too-"

"We just registered ourselves at the guild a moment ago." Ainz informed him. Again displeased by the interruption, the tavernkeep slammed a fist against the counter, facing Ainz.

"7 bronze pieces a night! You gotta pay up front!" He demanded.

"That's fine." With a wave of his hand, Ainz dropped the required coins onto the counter. Finally satisfied, the tavernkeep stood straight, jamming a thumb to his right.