Episode 22: Duel with the Egg Dragoon

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"Yo. I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. A student at UA, on my journey toward becoming a hero. Last time, Eggman got me in a bit of a tough spot, but I went beyond my limits and put him outta business... at least I thought I did. Turns out Eggy had one last trick up his sleeve and now the whole island's under attack. I've only got one more shot at this. Time to put Eggman out of commission for good this time!"

Having seemingly defeated Robotnik once and for all, Sonic speeds across the island again and back into the main city to regroup with his teacher. He races through the town until he finds Aizawa by the docks and on the phone. 

Aizawa: He's definitely here. My intern went to go investigate but he hasn't come back yet. We should call in reinforcements. 

All Might: *on the other line* Reinforcements are on their way. Worried for your student?

Aizawa: He's my responsibility, along with the safety of everyone here, being that we're the only pros around. 

All Might: Have faith, Eraserhead. You saw how he stopped the doctor's schemes before. Sonic is our best chance against him. 

Aizawa: I know that. *sigh* He may be powerful, but he's still young and reckless as ever. 

Sonic: Mr. Aizawa!

Aizawa: Speak of the devil. I told you it's Eraserhead. And where the hell have you been? You ignore my orders, don't contact me for hours-!

Sonic: Yeah, I know. Sorry...

Aizawa: You could have been killed out there. You're only a hero in training. What you did was dangerous, irresponsible, and honestly just plain stupid. I have the right mind to expel you right now.

Sonic: I know, I know, I messed up. I should have met back with you before, BUT the good news is that I made sure that Eggman's out of commission!

Aizawa: So you found his base?

Sonic: I OBLITERATED his base and every robot in it. Sent the place into self-destruct mode. *dusting his hands* We won't be hearing from that Egghead for a long time.

Just then, the ground begins to shake and people begin to panic and run for cover.

Aizawa: You were saying?

They look up and see what is causing the chaos; a large red tower is rising out of the mountain with the Robotnik Empire logo marked on it.

Citizen 1: What is that thing?

Citizen 2: What's happening? Are we in danger?

Just then a voice speaks on a loudspeaker and it's none other than Dr. Eggman.

Dr. Eggman: HOHOHOHO! People of South Island! I'm so pleased to inform you that your home is to be the foundation of the Robotnik empire. And since there aren't any pro heroes here to save you, I'll accept your unconditional surrender!

At that moment, Eggman unleashes a reserve horde of badniks onto the islanders.

Sonic: So that creep had a backup plan.

Aizawa: He's desperate now. Whatever you did before scared him. In our line of work, most villains typically don't show their hand until they have to, so I'm assuming this is a last resort.

Sonic: I'm guessing that tower is the commander center for his army.

Aizawa: And it looks like we're on our own. I've contacted the nearest pros, but they won't be here for at least an hour at the very least.