chapter 2

eye of the storm
🎶 sex money feelings die - lykke li

Aubrie stepped over the mess of tree limbs in her backyard and walked over to her sister, Sarah

Aubrie stepped over the mess of tree limbs in her backyard and walked over to her sister, Sarah. "What are you doing?" She laughed, watching her sister swing a tennis racket in the air.

"The burrows filled with water from the surge!" She explained. "The birds are having a field day!"

Aubrie shook her head at her sister."Call it the circle of life Sarah. It's just a bunch of mice."

"Have some empathy Aubrie." Sarah groaned, jumping in the air. "It's a mouse genocide out here."

"Aubrie! Sarah!" Their father called as he walked up to them, a woman Aubrie didn't recognize standing beside him. "Sarah, honey, what are you doing?"

Aubrie chuckled, pushing her hair out of her eyes. "Don't ask, dad. She's saving mice."

Her father shook his head. Sarah will be Sarah. "Sarah! Get over here I have an actual human being that you can help." Ward called as Sarah lowered her tennis racket and came over to greet the woman. "This is Lana Grubbs, she's Scooter's wife. Now you two remember storm prepping with him right?"

Aubrie and Sarah both nodded. "Yeah." Sarah answered, still out of breath.

"And did he go anywhere from here?" Ward asked.

Aubrie looked at him in disbelief. "No way, are you crazy? There was a hurricane."

"Well did he mention anything? Get a phone call? Or say where he was going?" Mrs. Grubbs questioned. The twins shook their heads.

"He didn't say anything to us." Sarah responded. "I'm so sorry, is he okay?"

Aubrie noticed the look of worry on the woman's face as her father tried to smooth over the situation. This was something Aubrie watched him do often. He would brush over things, make everything sound like it was working out perfectly in his favor. "He's absolutely fine, he's just hunkered down somewhere. Don't worry girls." He assured.

"I'm so sorry." Aubrie comforted as her father pulled the woman away.

"Thank you." The woman replied, forcing a smile.

-

The pouges had decided to have a kegger, and of course, it wouldn't be an OBX party without the Cameron sisters.

Aubrie was a stereotypical party girl. A spoiled kook drinking with no responsibility and no consequences. What a way to live.

The sisters were being driven by Kelce and Topper. Kelce was dying to find a way into Aubrie's pants, but she wasn't into it. She would often describe him as a desperate slob.