chapter 7

midsummers
🎶 only angel - harry styles

Aubrie heard laughter coming from her dad's office and decided to investigate

Aubrie heard laughter coming from her dad's office and decided to investigate. Of course, she did not expect to walk in and be met with the sight of her sister and John B Routledge, who had a huge scar across his stomach.

"Oh? Hello?" Aubrie said.

"Hey?" John B replied hesitantly.

"Please don't tell dad." Sarah pleaded. "Or Topper."

"If you go missing, I know who to interrogate." She threatened. "I'm not gonna ask any questions, I'm just gonna walk away. But please remember that our father sits on that couch."

"Get out!" Sarah fussed, throwing a pillow at her.

"Yes m'am." Aubrie replied, walking away.

It was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen. Just the other day Sarah hated John B. But today he's shirtless in her house? Made no sense.

However, Aubrie was choosing to mind her own business. That was, until it came time for the outdoor movie night Sarah was supposed to go with Aubrie too. She still hadn't returned home, and Aubrie grew concerned about her sister's whereabouts.

She had decided to go anyway with her friends because there wasn't much else to do that night and she was bored.

Before the movie started, she noticed Rafe was talking to Kie and Olivia, and she thought it was the perfect time to question Pope and JJ about their little friend and what he had done with her sister. She walked up to the boys and she noticed that they were nervous at her arrival. "Hey boys." She smiled.

"Um- hi." Pope replied nervously.

JJ straightened his posture and put on a confident face. "What can we do for you today, my lady?"

"One, don't talk like that you sound like a total dork. Two, where's John B?" She questioned.

He shrugged. "I don't know, when you find him can you tell him I'm kinda pissed I was forced to come to this kook shit and he didn't have to."

Aubrie rolled her eyes. "So you have no idea where John B is?"

"That's what I said." He replied.

"Pope?"

He shook his head nervously. "Nope."

"What's wrong with you two?" She questioned. "Why are you so jumpy?"

"Nothing, princess." He responded, noticing Kie and Liv were coming their way with angry looks. "If I were you I'd leave before they get here." He suggested.

"I'm watching you." She threatened.

"That's creepy!" He quipped as she walked away.

She returned to her group of friends and Topper approached her. "What was that all about?"