chapter 9

hey aubrie
🎶 are we still friends? - tyler the creator

Sarah and John B were walking through Sarah's backyard as John B told her about the new news regarding the gold

Sarah and John B were walking through Sarah's backyard as John B told her about the new news regarding the gold. "So you found the gold?" Sarah said with a surprised look on her face.

"Yeah." John B nodded.

"But under an axe murder's house?" Sarah replied.

"Well- yeah, kind of." John B answered.

"Thats perfect." Sarah sassed.

"Yes it's perfect but the only thing is that the well is kind of like super sketchy." He explained.

"I kinda wish I was there with you guys." She sighed.

"Well you'll be there tonight." John B said.

"Is that okay?" She asked. "I mean don't forget that Aubrie's threatening to blow up this whole thing if I try to keep her out of it."

"Yeah, of course. I don't mind Aubrie being around." John B assured.

"No, I mean the others." Sarah said. "I mean having not just one but two kooks that they have a history with in on their top secret project? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's fine." He replied. Sarah gave him a hesitant look. "What?"

"Kiara said something didn't she? Or was it Olivia?" Sarah questioned.

"No." John B shook his head.

"You're the worst liar I have ever met." Sarah replied.

John B continued denying it. "No it's fi-"

Sarah interrupted him. "Look John B, if they're gonna get territorial then I-"

"Hey, hey, hey." He interrupted. "Just listen, alright? You're apart of this too. You got us the Tannyhill map. Once we get with everybody their gonna be excited." Sarah gave him a hesitant look. "I promise."

-

There was a knock at Aubrie's door, it was Sarah. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah." Aubrie called from her seat at her vanity. "What's up?"

"Good, you're dressed." Sarah smiled.

"I am." Aubrie nodded. "Because I was going to get a sandwich and some half and half."

"Not if you want to be in on the gold hunt." Sarah quipped. "John B's taking us to go talk with the pogues and basically beg for them to not throw a huge hussy fit about us being involved."

"Seriously, Sarah?" Aubrie huffed, turning to face her. "Do we really have to today? Can this wait?"

"Seriously." She replied. "And I'm not excited about it either so I don't want to hear you whine about it."