chapter 21

no longer my father
🎶 never felt so alone - Labrinth

The group stood before a drain, with a half-baked plan on how to get the gun back

The group stood before a drain, with a half-baked plan on how to get the gun back. JJ walked up first. "This is the North drain. It should have gotten washed into  the gutter, so if it got flushed out of this drain it would have got pushed out-"

"Somewhere in this trash," Pope finished.

"Correct," JJ nodded.

Kiara shook her head. "People who use plastic should be shot."

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it everyday. Love the stuff," JJ replied.

"Okay we'll hopefully you recycle it and don't let it just flush into the ocean," Kiara quipped.

"I thought you'd say something like that so," Pipe held up a black roll, "trash-bags."

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kiara grinned.

"Maybe," Pope shrugged.

"Ew, do not make trash sexy, Kie," Aubrie winced. "Also, JJ, where is your gun?"

"Um definitely not at Liv's," JJ replied defensively. "Why?"

"Because that is plastic," Aubrie pointed out.

"Shut up Cameron," Pope fussed, throwing the bags at her. "Blondies, pick up the trash."

Aubrie and JJ looked at each other. "Is this what he thinks of us? Some blonde trash picker uppers?" the girl sassed.

"I guess so," the boy shrugged.

After they had picked up the trash, the realization that it was probably in the drain hit them.

"Dammit," Pope huffed.

"Of course it is," Kie nodded.

"Good thing I brought the crow," JJ remarked.

"So are we gonna do like, rock paper scissors?" Kie questioned.

"No," JJ shook his head.

"Or alphabetically?" she suggested.

"Absolutely not," Aubrie replied.

"Or the older goes?" Kiara added.

JJ and Pope pried the drain open, and the blonde looked up at her. "In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into you're blood and then it has to come out of your pecker. So uh, that would be a hard pass for me."

"Yeah it's gonna be a no from me," Pope agreed.

"No I get it," Kie said. "I get it, you guys are scared."

"No, no," they shook their heads.

"It's kinda cute, it's kinda cute," Kie remarked. "You should have just lead with that. You don't have to be scared, we'll do it. Right girls?"