08 | Tell Me What?

Sitting in my office with my brothers, father, and grandfather discussing what we need to do to protect everyone from Galen has been exhausting

Sitting in my office with my brothers, father, and grandfather discussing what we need to do to protect everyone from Galen has been exhausting. We haven't had any time to take a break from this situation, I haven't had time to simply sleep and breathe.

"Have you told her Luc, she'd want to know," dad says, looking at me with a knowing look?

"I know she'd want to know but how can I bring this up to her when she's going through hell at the moment?" I ask, sighing.

"She might need this though Luciano, it would be a good distraction for her. You need to tell her." Our grandfather says.

"Tell me what?" A small voice says from the doorway, gaining all of our attention.

Valentina stands at the door, hugging herself. Her face is blotchy from obviously crying, breaking my heart. She walks further into my office and sits next to Nate who wraps an arm around her, kissing the top of her head.

I clear my throat, gaining her attention. She looks at me with narrowed eyes, waiting.

"I didn't think now was the right time to tell you Bambina but since we're here now, I'll tell you."

"Spit it out Luc," she says closing her eyes.

"Well I have a girlfriend, her name is Willow and she's uh —" I begin, swallowing hard, "pregnant." I breathe out.

Silence. I'm met with silence, I gaze around the room and see everyone staring at her, waiting for her reaction to the news.

I've been seeing Willow for a while now, with everything going on I haven't been able to introduce her to the family. She understands though, I've told her who I am and what my family does — she knows everything.

I only found out a week ago that she was expecting, to say I was surprised is an understatement. I mean I've always wanted my own little family but I'm worried, I love her and now she is in danger just being with me and with a little one on the way it just adds more pressure.

"OH MY GOD!" Val sequels and jumps up, running around the desk, and squeezes the shit out of me screaming in my ear, "I'm going to be an aunty, oh my god! An aunty! Can you believe it?" She screams, choking me.

Everyone in the room erupts in laughter at her happiness, she continues to ramble on about baby booties being so cute, I'm guessing she means baby shoes.

"Wait —" she pauses abruptly, letting me go, "Luciano Rossi, where the fuck is she? And why isn't she here with us, you idiot?" She slaps me in the back of the head.

Earning a few snickers from our brothers, I glare at them before turning to face her, "she's safe, but if you want to meet her I can bring her over?" I ask, hopeful.

I would want nothing more than for my baby sister to meet my girlfriend, her approval means more to me than any of these fools.

Val beams at me, "yes, invite her over. I'd love to meet this Willow, you've done a background check on her right?" She chuckles.

"Val," I warn, even though she's right. I had done a background check on her. I had to be sure and careful, can't be too safe.

"Yeah — yeah." She says, waving a hand dismissively, "Nate, we're going to be an aunt and uncle!" She laughs running over to him tackling him.

They both start talking about baby things amongst themselves, I lean over towards my father, "you were right, she needed this." I whisper to him.

Dad beside me chuckles and slaps me on the back, I clear my throat again as Val and Nate halt in conversation looking at me, "I'm not the only one with a girlfriend Val." I announce shrugging, happy to put my brothers on the spot.

Val gasps, looking around the room with narrowed eyes. Her eyes land on Dom who looks red in the face from guilt, she glares at him and he shifts uncomfortably before pointing at Roman who punches him in the arm.

"Dom and Rome have girlfriends?" She asks, looking at all of us skeptically. I don't blame her, those two can't keep in their pants to save their lives.

"Uh — surprise!" Rome rushes out, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"No fucking way, two girls have locked down you two? There is no way! Please tell me they're not pregnant." She begs.

"What? No way. We're not idiots." Dom scoffs, offended.

"I beg to differ." She mutters, but then smiles wide, "invite them over, I'd like to meet these girls," she cackles, before grabbing Nate by the arm and running out of the room with him.

"Fucking hell Luc, look what you've done," Rome grumbles.

"What?" I say feigning innocence.

"She's going to skin our girls alive." Dom sighs.

"We'd like to meet them as well son," Dad says, smiling.

"You all are fucked, I'd hate to be you right now," Vince laughs, slapping his knee.

"Dinner, tomorrow night. Organize it with your girls, but warn them about Val and how she can be." I inform them, they both nod and get up leaving the room with everyone else following.

I'm the last one in my office, I chuckle to myself and grab my phone. I call Willow and tell her the good news, she squeals down the phone and I pull it away from my ear laughing. Finally organizing it with her, I hang up and lean back in my chair.

"Luc," Gio says walking back into the room nervous.

I sit up and motion for him to come in, he sits down in front of me. Since everything that's happened, he's been extra distant, I'm not sure what's going on with him but I'm glad he's here talking to me.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, fine. I'm meant to be leaving in a couple of weeks for college but I've to contact the administration board and have pushed it back till all this blows over."

Oh shit, we've been too busy dealing with all this that we've forgotten about him and college. Valentina is going to be fucking devastated, I know I am.

"Gio, call them back. You're going to college. There's no way we're holding you back here." I inform him.

He shakes his head, "no, look we're family and as much as I want to be there, I want to be here for my family too. It's no big deal, honestly."

"It is a big deal, if Valentina finds out she'll kill us and most importantly you."

"I don't care about it right now, my twin is hurting and I want to be here for her. It can wait, I just wanted to let you know that's all." He says, standing up and walking out the door.

I blow out a breath and lean back in my chair again and stare up at the ceiling, wondering when the fuck is this all going to end.