Chapter 8.5

It didn't take long for Hayley and Karan to go home and try to make themselves tired by working so that they would fall asleep immediately

It didn't take long for Hayley and Karan to go home and try to make themselves tired by working so that they would fall asleep immediately. They attended some business calls and meetings, but their minds were filled with the thrill of meeting each other. They had assumed that they were the crazy ones for dreaming about the same person over and over again. But this fate somehow. Someone out there wanted them to fall in love with each other's presence.

They wanted to see the other again, even though they had met each other only a few hours ago. They were each other's saviours somehow. Both their lives had been miserable in a way that their only way of escape was with each other. They had grown closer without knowing anything about each other, only making their impact with their actions.

Karan cried that night after a long time of staying strong. He made himself a drink and let the tears flow down his face, not bothering to wipe them because they tickled his beard. He missed his mother. If she had been there, she would have smacked his head for letting Hayley leave without having a proper talk with her. He did not know what to say, and that's where his mother would have made fun of him.

"Pura din kachar kachar ki baatein aur jab baat karna ho, toh gapchup," she would have told him, which basically means that he could talk the entire day but when he actually needed to, he shut his mouth.

But that night, things would change.

Hayley had a glass of hot milk to let her eyes swoon. She needed a deep sleep that night. She switched off her alarm because she did not want to wake up with any interruptions. If she could talk to Karan in her dreams, her theories would only increase but she only wanted to be in his presence somehow. 

The two of them couldn't tell anyone else about this because no one would believe them. They could only trust each other, and that would be enough. Maybe it would be more than enough, because they could never trust anyone else the way they did each other during life threatening situations. They had sacrificed their lives as well as saved the other many times. 

Maybe they were saving each other in reality as well.

That night, both of them would sleep.

Both of them would dream.

But not about each other.

After several months, the two of them will dream something that they couldn't make any sense out of, and they weren't a part of each other's dreams.

The chain was broken somehow.