Chapter 10

It wasn't easy hearing an unsaid goodbye from someone that had given you so much to live for

It wasn't easy hearing an unsaid goodbye from someone that had given you so much to live for. Uneasiness took over the days that went by quickly for both Hayley and Karan. It was strange to miss someone that they had never met and did not know about, but the lonely nights brought tears of understanding.

Both of them were missing the other, longing only to be in each other's company again. Not meeting each other in their dreams was a feeling that they could never get used to. What was the saying? "Dare to dream, then decide what to do."

But when the decision was made for them, how were they supposed to go about their lives?

It was an adventure knowing each other. They could meet in different eras, time periods and even planets, but they did not have to worry because they had each other. The comfort that they gave each other was probably only poetry but it was their poetry. They could write it however they wanted.

And yet, the last page would always be goodbye.

Hayley resolved to her tub of ice-cream and a bunch of horror movies to take her mind off the fact that she was once again lonely in life. She would never be able to find the same thrill in life that she found in her dreams.

Watching 'Oculus' did not help because Karen Gillan's fiancée in the movie only reminded her of Karan for some reason. Maybe it was the way that both of them were so considerate and that Hayley could do nothing about it.

The Conjuring series made her cry even more because Patrick Wilson's Ed Warren reminded her of the time that she and Karan had investigated a murder case together in their dreams. They had been partners then, but they weren't now.

Nothing seemed to make her feel better. Hayley did not want to admit it but she missed living another life with Karan where the two of them were answerable to no one and they had no responsibilities but surviving. Together. That was all it took.

In the apartment in Manhattan, Karan picked up his phone, wanting to hear Hayley's voice. He stared at her contact in his phone, not being able to believe that he had really met the woman of his dreams, and it wasn't a metaphor either. He almost hit the call button but threw his phone on the couch instead. What else was he supposed to do? He had been the one to say goodbye to her in the first place but she hadn't stopped him either.

He stood in front of the glass windows of his apartment and looked at the busy-moving city, which was much more alive than he was or could be, because his desire to live multiple lives was fulfilled only with his dreams. It should have been his writing but it would always be Hayley that gave him new lives to live however he wanted without worrying about the decision he would make.

Because they would make them together and they would face the consequences together.

Karan's eyes widened when he realised it. "Ha!" He laughed at his reflection. He brushed his fingers through his curly hair and then breathed into his hands.

That was it! He rushed into his room to open his laptop.

He knew what he had to do.

*****

@MilaBlue05 this one is for you!