9 (Epilogue)

He rushed back to their dorm and found Louis sitting on his bed.
"Hi."

"Hi love, I'm so sorry. Zayn really told me off and he was right. I can't be mad at you for protecting yourself. Can you forgive me?" Harry asked softly and took a seat next to him on the bed.

"It depends. Are you mad at me anyhow?" Louis wondered, fiddling with his hands, looking down at his lap.

Harry put a finger under his chin and raised his head so their eyes met.
"No, I'm not. I get it now."

"Yeah?" Louis asked with a hopeful smile.

"Absolutely. Do you forgive me?" Harry asked.

"Yes." Louis grinned.

Harry leaned forward and brushed their lips together, waiting for Louis' consent. Louis came closer and they shared a soft kiss. Louis was the first one to pull away.
"So, what now?"

"Well, considering we're soulmates I think I should take you out on a proper date." Harry smirked.

"Oh. Yeah. That would be lovely." Louis blushed.

"And we should find an apartment. Suppressants won't work on us so we'll go into heat and rut in three months again." Harry said in amusement.

Louis' cheeks turned even a darker red.
"Right."

He hesitated before he asked the question that had been bugging him.
"So do you want me to quit Uni?"

"What? Why would I want that? Of course not!" Harry immediately answered.

"For sure?" Louis asked, sounding hopeful.

"You deserve to be here as much as any Alpha, probably more than a lot of them. If this is the education, and the school you want, I'm not gonna stand in your way. I'm not fond of that Alpha booster and masking spray you're using but I'll get used to it I guess." Harry said and made a face.

"If we get an apartment I don't have to use it at home." Louis smiled.

"Deal." Harry grinned. Hearing Louis refer to their future apartment as home, made his heart skip a beat.

They spend Saturday in their dorm just talking and making out. On Sunday Harry took Louis out on a date. He had googled places outside Oxford. They didn't want to risk running into a classmate or teacher on their date. He found a small diner that would be their place for years to come. They had a wonderful first date. Louis could relax and be himself now when he didn't have to play the Alpha role and be afraid of Harry founding out.

Harry was absolutely mesmerized by Louis' soft Omega traits. He was still sassy and funny but also shy and giggly, which he absolutely adored.

Even if they already slept together they seemed to have come to a silent agreement to take it slow. Having sex without being in a heat or rut meant that they would both be 100 percent present in the moment.

Two months later they moved into an apartment two blocks from Liam and Zayn. They had a little moving-in party for the five of them. Niall played one of his new songs for them and they had a great time.

The apartment was fully furniture so they just put their personal touch on it in the weeks that followed. Louis had a thing for fairy lights and Harry liked curtains, pillows, and a bedspread in multi-colors. The result gave them a cozy place they could call home.

Later when they were alone in their apartment they made love for the first time since their heat and rut. It was sweet and intimate and they couldn't stop looking at each other. Harry whispered an "I love you" and Louis said it back. Afterward, when they were cuddling in bed Louis let out a content sigh.
"I'm so happy, Hazza."

"Me too, Lou."

Time went by. Harry brought Louis home with him for Christmas break and his family welcomed Louis with open arms. They drove to Doncaster as well and Louis came clean to his mum about his choice of school. She was a little upset that he had lied to her but she understood why. She loved Harry after spending five minutes in his company and Louis' sisters fought for his attention.

Harry gave him a promise ring for his birthday and Louis couldn't be happier. They spent Christmas day with his family and drove to Holmes Chapel to spend the evening with Harry's family and Louis realized that this was something they would do for the rest of their lives and he loved the thought of that. Maybe they would even have kids of their own one day. He didn't even know if Harry wanted children. Later that night he asked him.
"We haven't really talked about this? Do you want kids?"

Harry smiled.
"Absolutely. I've always wanted to have children. Wait, do you?"

"Yeah." Louis said and returned the smile.

"I can't wait to knock you up. You will be so sexy when you're pregnant. Even sexier that is." Harry growled and started to trail kisses down Louis' neck.

Louis giggled.
"Well, you're not getting me pregnant now! Don't get any ideas."

"No, we should finish school first. Mate. Get married. Find jobs and a house. Then I'm getting you pregnant." Harry smiled. 

Louis found himself tearing up.
"Really? You want all that?"

"Of course. I know we haven't really discussed it but I love you. You're my soulmate. Why does that surprise you?" Harry asked softly.

Louis rolled on top of him and hugged him tightly.
"I want that too. All of it! Love you."

"Good." Harry smiled fondly.

They waited to get mated after they graduated. They both finished university with good grades. Harry had booked them a room at a romantic hotel and they mated during sex. They both cried happy tears.

They got married a year after that. Niall sang at their wedding and Liam was Harry's best man and Zayn was Louis'. It was a beautiful wedding that left no eye dry.

They all moved to London after graduation. Liam had decided to start a management and he and Harry became business partners, where Harry handled the legal stuff. They asked Louis to join them, being the one who took care of everything computery as Liam put it. They made him a business partner too. Finally,
Zayn joined the team, taking care of advertising, album covers, and everything arty (Liam's word again). He got a business partnership as well. Niall had signed with a record label and became their first client.

Their business went well and a year later they bought a house next to each other. Liam and Zayn had married the second year of Uni and Zayn were pregnant with their first child. Louis announced that he was pregnant eight months later.

They helped each other out, taking care of each other's children when it was time for their rut and heat. Luckily the couples didn't have it at the same time.

Niall made it big. He became a record-selling artist that played in all the big arenas around the world. But he didn't forget about his friends and Uncle Niall was their children's favorite.

The End