I: Chas Dingle x Reader ~ Thank You

Imagine you are a care kid, however you have just been adopted by Aaron dingle and Robert Sugden. They wanted to adopt you before their wedding, which you were excited about. The day of the wedding was just around the corner, which you know ws gonna be hard for your adopted grandma since her and Paddy had just lost their baby girl. Yes it was expected but it still hurt.

"Y/N have you done your homework?" Your adopted grandma asked as she came out back from the pub.

"I'm doing it now Chas but I'm stuck on this Science question, I might have to leave the questions and ask the teacher on Monday." You explained placing your pen on the kitchen table as you started to become frustrated with the work.

"As long as you've tried then that's all that matters" Chas smiled as she sat down next to you. You looked up to her and smiled too, noticing she still had the little teddy which she was going to leave with Grace.

"Science is so hard, I feel like my teacher is putting so much pressure on me and i can't focus properly"You admitted

Chas sighed "I'll talk to Aaron and Robert, They'll be able to have a word with your teacher, get you more help ad make sure she don't put too much pressure on ya. you're a teenager, you still need to let loose and have a bit of fun as well as studying for your GCSE's." Chas smiled towards you as she speaks.

"Chas, thank you" You paused biting your lip, Chas looked at you confused as to why you were thanking her.

"Why are you thanking me?" Chas asked you curiously with the same dumbfounded look on her face, her smile now faded into a slight frown.

"Because if you never had Aaron then i wouldn't have the family I've always dreamed of. Not only that, I look up to you, it shocks me how someone who's been through everything you've been through can be so strong. Thank you for being my Gran." You smiled,tears welling up in both your's and Chas' eyes.

"Y/N you don't need to thank me; it should be me thanking you. You've taught me that you don't need to have everything to be happy. You are just being happy around the people that adopted you, you made me realise that no matter what happens, i have everything to be happy for." Chas took your hands in hers and smiled, it was like she was trying to say something to you but unsucceeded as she was unable to find the words to do so.

"Chas your so strong and I know your finding it hard and even though I have never experienced it myself, I know that Grace would want you to be happy, my little sister will be up there looking out for her." You reassured your Grandmother who smiled  faint smile.

"Thank You Y/N." She whispered, wrapping her arms around you. It was a warm hug but you were comfortable in it so you had to smile.