14. Aconitum

Author's POV:

Everything was going well for the two packs. The prince of the Bloodmoon pack and The prince alpha of the Lava pack were mated. The news was announced soon and both the packs were in joy. They congratulated the couple with sweet smiles while some were very unhappy with them.

The two mates decided that they would stay together and as per the customs the omega should live with the alpha. But the two mates decided that it was time to change the customs. Moreover, the future heir of the Bloodmoon pack was none other than Jungmin and it was possible that Jiwoon could take over that position and be the leader for both Bloodmoon and Lava pack.

But Jungmin had decided that he wouldn't give away that title. Jiwoon was under pressure for a long time now and it was wrong of him to transfer the responsibilities that he was supposed to be doing to Jiwoon. After all, he's the prince of the Bloodmoon pack. He wouldn't do such a thing.

They bought a house, a small and cozy house that Jungmin loved so much. He was never the one to like huge structures. The palace was very large and he disliked it. He preferred a small cozy home, enough for him and Jiwoon to live, and if they were to have pups then for them too. Jiwoon also loved the same. He loved the little house they bought. It had everything that they needed.

If Jungmin missed one thing it would be the balcony he had in the palace. He could always see that beautiful, breathtaking view that he loved so much. But he knew he could always go back to the palace and stay for a day or two and experience that view again before coming back and Jiwoon was fine with it. In fact, the young alpha missed the view too. The view over Jungmin's soft hair being brushed by the wind and his soft smile as he watched the landscape with twinkling orbs.

The two had adapted to the normal town environment soon. Their neighbors were so kind to them and they always addressed them as highness which soon they requested to be dropped. Soon enough the two mates were called by their names or cute nicknames were given to them like, "Minnie, Min, Woon, Woonie" and more. Most of the elder ladies in their late 60's or 70's preferred calling them 'son'.

Both mates loved the way people had gotten used to treating them as normal people rather than as princes'. What they loved the most was that they were free. There were no guards following them, they weren't restricted from doing certain things, they could always stay up late at night and have talks without someone forcing them to sleep at exactly 9 pm.

The talks at night were love-making. They would pleasure each other, bask themselves in each other's warmth and love, caress each other with soft kisses and touches. Their love-filled eyes and kisses proved their love and bond. A bond, so strong that nobody could break. They were mated forever.

However, the good moments didn't last long. The Luna of the Bloodmoon pack had fallen ill. She was bedridden and the doctors claimed that it was impossible to cure her now. They could only prevent her death for few more months. With her poor health condition, it was now sure that there was no way they could save her.

The rare disease that had impacted her health was now spreading throughout her body like a wildfire. With all the resources and best doctors possible, Jungmin and Jiwoon tried their best in finding a cure for her health condition. But it was finally concluded that it was impossible.

Jungmin was shocked when he received the news first. Jiwoon and Jungmin rushed to the palace as soon as they received the news of the queen's sudden deterioration of health. It was found that some kind of a rare poison had been mixed in her blood that was till now inactive but as she got older and her health deteriorated, the poison was now being active.