Chapter One (1): The Beginning

Warning from the Author: Suicidal-ish attempt, right at the start? Uh, you can skip it if you skip the second and third paragraph and then just read to the dialogue.

Disclaimer: Okay, so I wrote this because I love Carterwood too much to just keep letting it be a secondary romance in the original Redamancy. Technically, this is a prequel, because... it's before Natasha goes to Sokovia. It's before Natasha even meets Dottie or Wanda - kind of.

Considering that this is a messy prequel, this is mostly a flashback story, and will return to the present- or future -which, around the start of the fic, will still be pre-Tale of Redamancy, ScarletWidow/Wanda Nat canon and will go further in present time and to canon time in the SW Redamancy canon.

Basically, this is the same timeline as the SW Redamancy fic, but it takes place before the SW Redamancy canon. The Red Room stuff is based on canon, probably comics maybe later, but MOSTLY on my headcanons about the Red Room.

Messy explanation. Please, just read and let's see if it's easier to figure out that way? AGGh, I'm sorry, I suck at explaining things.

Influenced/inspired by: https://archiveofourown.org/works/3882313/chapters/8679157 

Or search up 'Just Because She's on a Mission, Doesn't Mean She Can't Have a Little Fun' on AO3.  

DOTTIE UNDERWOOD was not fine. She was heartbroken, and in love and hurting and evil . She was a Black Widow, before Natasha. She was an evil spy agent, before evil spy agents became a popular thing with Hydra - like with the Winter Soldier, Natasha Romanova, Yelena Belova and so on...

Also, she was drunk and technically bleeding out in an alley-- okay, literally bleeding out in an alley. But technically, it was easy to stop the bleeding, if she just pressed more pressure on it but she just, ha, she just didn't want to.

It made sense, for all she'd done, to die in an unhonorable way, a dirty way that she sincerely thought was a perfect fit for her. To bleed out, all alone in an alley with a bottle of vodka in hand, wearing the clothes she first wore when she met Peggy. All alone, next to a trashcan. It was all too fitting for someone like her.

It's not like anyone would care, Peggy wouldn't know and she wouldn't care. Natasha could move on. No one cared, she didn't. It was perfectly fine for her to just... close her eyes here and take an everlasting nap.

But then Natasha found her, and Natasha patched her up with the first kit in her house that she sincerely regrets getting now, because Natasha was one of the only people who knew where her house was, and where her first aid kit was and where Dottie would be, which alley.

And after, Natasha expected some sort of pay back for it. Dottie considered her a friend, so even if Natasha didn't deserve anything for thwarting her attempts of achieving death in peace, by trash as she should. Dottie gave her something in return, nonetheless.

"I can tell you why I'm so drunk."

"Vodka?" She glances at the nearly empty bottle she had taken from Dottie. "A lot of vodka?"

"Ha, funny. You got your sense of humor back - You know what I mean."

"Yeah," she answers, "it's a dame, right? Peggy Carter?" Natasha asked, placing the bottle of vodka back on the table between them.

Dottie winced at the sound of Peggy's name, she had gone a year without hearing anyone say her name, without being reminded of her outside of her mind.