Demon Hybrid

Peter poured some soup into the bowls of his guests. They all looked uncomfortable minus the demon girl, who still seems to be trying to use what consciousness she has left to wrap her mind around him. Peter didn't allow any of this to bother him as he understood why they were behaving this way, after all, they were eating supper with who they thought was a demon.

"It's okay." He spoke calmly as he poured the soup into each of their bowls. "I didn't put any human meat or blood in this. That's just to help me keep my more demonic side in check."

That didn't exactly put the group at ease. Peter sighed and said, "You're travelling with a demon. Is it so hard for you to trust a guy who saved your lives just because he is half-demon?"

Before either Tanjiro or Zenitsu could say anything, Inosuke got up and shouted, "Fight Me!!"

Tanjiro and Zenitsu were immediately trying to get Inosuke to sit down while also trying to get him to apologise for being disrespectful. While Nezuko was staring at them carelessly like she usually did, Peter had to restrain himself from laughing. God, he missed sharing a meal with others. The last time he shared a meal with someone was with his second sensei.

After the situation calmed down, and everybody was sitting again. That's when Tanjiro asked, "Sorry if this sounds offensive, but how exactly are you only half-demon?"

This seemed to catch Nezuko's attention which didn't surprise Peter. Being only partially demon was bad enough, he couldn't imagine what it must be like to be one completely.

Peter slurped some noodles before answering, "I'm not completely sure. In the middle of my transformation into one, I was bitten by some spider. Something in its venom affected the transformation. I honestly can't say for sure."

This time Zenitsu spoke up, "So, uh, how many humans have you killed.?"

Peter took note of the stutter in his voice.

"I haven't killed a single human. All human meat I gained came from scavenging the corpses left by demons I failed to kill. I know it may seem disrespectful, but I am desperate. Unless I keep my hunger and bloodlust in check, my demonic side could take complete control. I'm just glad I had Matt to help me."

"I'm sorry, but who's Matt?" Tanjiro asked.

Peter smiled and answered, "He was my second mentor. My first mentor was a Demon Slayer called Captain Steve Rogers, he was from America. He thought me everything there is to know about being a demon slayer and helped me incorporate my unique abilities into my own fighting style. Matt is a demon that freed himself from Muzan's influence. He thought me how to control my demonic instincts and how to use them to my advantage."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter was walking through the streets of a busy city. He had his hood up and sword hidden, careful as to not attract any unwanted attention. The last time he was in a city like this, he couldn't help but marvel at just how technologically advanced it was. He almost got exposed by burning up slightly in the sun but was able to play it off as an illness.

He wasn't gonna make the same mistake as again. If the rumours were true, then the guy he was looking for was here. All Peter had to do was wait until nightfall, and hope he finds him before the Demon Slayers he saw nearby.

The sun was beginning to set, so Peter quickly ducked into a random alley to get into his demon-hunting attire. He's already built up a reputation for himself.

People would whisper about the blood-red figure who walks the night, protecting innocent lives before disappearing into the shadows. They gave him many names, Arachnid, Scarlet Spider, Bloody Swordsman, Tsuchigumo, Spider-man, and his least favourite, The Slayer in Red and Blue.