Mugen Train Pt 6: Akaza

Rengoku gripped his blade tightly as he watched the two demons talk. Parker was also a demon? Did he make the black tendrils? Was he like the Kamado girl? If so, then why didn't he sense it sooner? Those were some of the questions circling Rengoku's mind.

"Why are you here?" Peter demanded, getting into a defensive stance, and holding his blade in a reverse grip.

Rengoku noticed this, 'His focus is entirely on the Uppermoon, but he is ready in case I attack him from behind.

"The reason why I came here doesn't matter." Akaza said calmly, "The only thing that should matter to is what I'm going to offer to you."

Akaza held out his hand as if he was offering help to an old friend. "Let go of your humanity, Tsuchigumo. Become a full demon. Your power would increase tenfold. I'm also extending this offer to the Hashira behind you. I can tell he is strong from a glance, unlike the boy with the earnings."

Peter let out a soft growl, as he changed his grip back to normal and pointed his sword at Akaza, "I'll be dead before you put any more of that bastard's blood inside me."

Akaza's smile didn't waver, as he changed his hand offering into a battle stance, feet wide, right hand held out flat outwards with his left hand curled into a fist near his chest. He calmly said, "That is something that I can arrange. Technique Development, Destructive Death, Compass Needle."

A red snowflake shape formed underneath Akaza's feet. That act alone caused Peter's Spidey Sense to ring, as he quickly got into a proper stance, holding his sword to his side with both hands, the hilt level with his shoulders. This would allow him to swat away the demon if he charged.

Tanjiro was also getting into a fighting stance, but Rengoku gave him a kind yet disapproving look. "I recommend you sit this fight out Young Kamado. I'm afraid this demon is too far out of your league."

Tanjiro wanted to argue against this, wanting nothing more than to help but was silenced when Akaza's arms del past his head. Thankfully, it was only the arm, as it had been chopped off by the elbow.

The young teen turned back quickly in the direction of Peter and the Uppermoon, only to see a large cloud of dust from which flashes of light and blobs of webbing would randomly shoot out.

In a blaze of fire, Rengoku dashed into the dustcloud, joining the battle.

Akaza threw a right hook at Spidey, but the hybrid dodged by sidestepping the attack. This was followed by a kick to the demon's ribs. This stunned Akaza enough to allow Peter to slash Akaza across his chest.

The damage healed instantly, but it left Akaza open to an attack from the Flame Hashira.

"Flame Breathing, First Form: Unkown Fire."

With a burst of fire, Rengoku appeared and swung his blade in a horizontal arc, aimed at Akaza's neck. Unfortunately, Akaza avoided the attack by leaning forward, so only a small part of Akaza's neck was cut.

Akaza swung his arm at Rengoku in retaliation, but he dodged by jumping back a bit. He didn't give the demon time for another attack.

"Flame Breathing, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun."

He swung his blade in an upwards arc, a move Peter immediately mirrored by bringing the blade downwards. Akaza barely avoided the mirrored attacks by jumping to the side. Peter had anticipated this and fired a web line with his free hand.

The web grabbed Akaza's foot, and Peter tugged the line. The force behind the pull cancelled out all of Akaza's momentum, causing him to land on the ground with his back. Not wasting even a second, Peter jumped into the air, his sword raised above his head.